Lifestyle and metabolic syndrome in adult survivors of childhood cancer: A report from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study
Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 17, pages 2742–2750, September 1, 2014
How to Cite
Smith, W. A., Li, C., Nottage, K. A., Mulrooney, D. A., Armstrong, G. T., Lanctot, J. Q., Chemaitilly, W., Laver, J. H., Srivastava, D. K., Robison, L. L., Hudson, M. M. and Ness, K. K. (2014), Lifestyle and metabolic syndrome in adult survivors of childhood cancer: A report from the St. Jude Lifetime Cohort Study. Cancer, 120: 2742–2750. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28670
- Issue online: 20 AUG 2014
- Version of Record online: 28 JUL 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 19 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 23 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 19 OCT 2013
- 1Howlader N, Noone AM, Krapcho M, et al, eds. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2009 (Vintage 2009 Populations). Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2012.
- 7Cardiovascular Disease Task Force of the Children's Oncology Group. Monitoring for cardiovascular disease in survivors of childhood cancer: report from the Cardiovascular Disease Task Force of the Children's Oncology Group. Pediatrics. 2008;121:e387-e396., , , et al;
- 18Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol in Adults. Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III). JAMA. 2001;285:2486-2497.
- 19American College of Sports Medicine. ACSM's Resource Manual for Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription. 7th ed. Baltimore, MD: Lippincott Williams, & Wilkins; 2006.
- 20World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research. Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity, and the Prevention of Cancer: a Global Perspective. Washington, DC: World Cancer Research Fund/American Institute for Cancer Research; 2007.
- 24National Center for Health Statistics. National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2003-2004. cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhanes/nhanes_03_04/paqiaf_c.pdf. Access date May 14, 2012.
- 26Prevalence of metabolic syndrome among adults 20 years of age and over, by sex, age, race and ethnicity, and body mass index: United States, 2003-2006. Natl Health Stat Report. 2009:1-7..
- 33Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and Laboratory Services. Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System: Prevalence and Trends Data. apps.nccd.cdc.gov/brfss/. Accessed December 24, 2013.