The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Is it good or bad for oncology?
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 11, pages 1600–1603, 1 June 2014
How to Cite
Kantarjian, H. M., Steensma, D. P. and Light, D. W. (2014), The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Is it good or bad for oncology?. Cancer, 120: 1600–1603. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28673
- Issue online: 20 MAY 2014
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 19 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 6 NOV 2013
- 1Massachusetts Health Reform: A Five-Year Progress Report. Boston, MA: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts Foundation; 2011..
- 2If ObamaCare Is So Bad, How Does RomneyCare Survive?? Forbes. January 20, 2012. forbes.com/sites/kenrapoza/2012/01/20/romney-care-massachusetts-healthcare-reform/. Accessed February 16, 2014..
- 3Perry turning his back on billions for Texans. Houston Chronicle. October 9, 2013:B7..
- 4Healthcare.gov. More Value For Your Dollar. http://www.healthcare.gov/blog/2010/11/medical-loss-ratio.html. Accessed February 16, 2014.
- 9Institute of Medicine. America's Uninsured Crisis: Consequences for Health and Health Care. Consensus Report. Washington, DC: National Academies Press; 2009. iom.edu/Reports/2009/Americas-Uninsured-Crisis-Consequences-for-Health-and-Health-Care.aspx. Accessed February 16, 2014.
- 10businessweek.com/articles/2013-08-12/insurance-rates-on-ObamaCare-exchanges-good-news-and-caveats. Accessed February 16, 2014.. Insurance rates on ObamaCare Exchanges: Good News (and Caveats). Bloomberg Business Week. August 12, 2013.
- 12National Research Council. U.S. Health in International Perspective: Shorter Lives, Poorer Health. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2013.
- 13The Commonwealth Fund. US Ranks Last Among Seven Countries on Health System Performance Based on Measures of Quality, Efficiency, Access, Equity, and Healthy Lives. Affordable Care Act Holds Promise for U.S. Performance; Focus on Information Technology and Primary Care Vital to Achieving High Performance. commonwealthfund.org/News/News-Releases/2010/Jun/US-Ranks-Last-Among-Seven-Countries.aspx. Accessed December 16, 2013.
- 15Center on Budget and Policy Priorities. Center on Budget and Policy Priorities: Status of the ACA Medicaid Expansion after Supreme Court Ruling. cbpp.org/files/status-of-the-ACA-medicaid-expansion-after-supreme-court-ruling.pdf. Accessed February 16, 2014.
- 16The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation, The Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured. Quick Take: Key Considerations in Evaluating the ACA Medicaid Expansion for States. kff.org/medicaid/fact-sheet/key-considerations-in-evaluating-the-aca-medicaid-expansion-for-states-2/. Accessed February 16, 2014.
- 17National Health Law Program. 50 Reasons Medicaid Expansion is Good for Your State. consumersforhealthcare.org/sites/default/files/50_reasons.pdf. Accessed February 16, 2014.