Presented in part at the American Society of Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting; May 31-June 4, 2013; Chicago, IL.
Use and impact of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with resected non-small cell lung cancer
Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 13, pages 1939–1947, 1 July 2014
How to Cite
Williams, C. D., Gajra, A., Ganti, A. K. and Kelley, M. J. (2014), Use and impact of adjuvant chemotherapy in patients with resected non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer, 120: 1939–1947. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28679
The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the position or policy of the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Issue online: 17 JUN 2014
- Version of Record online: 25 MAR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 5 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 5 NOV 2013
- 5Adjuvant Lung Project Italy/European Organisation for Research Treatment of Cancer-Lung Cancer Cooperative Group Investigators. Randomized study of adjuvant chemotherapy for completely resected stage I, II, or IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2003;95:1453-1461., , , et al;
- 8National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group;National Cancer Institute of the United States Intergroup JBR.10 Trial Investigators. Vinorelbine plus cisplatin vs. observation in resected non-small-cell lung cancer. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:2589-2597., , , et al;
- 9Adjuvant vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus observation in patients with completely resected stage IB-IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (Adjuvant Navelbine International Trialist Association [ANITA]): a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Oncol. 2006;7:719-727., , , et al.
- 11Randomized clinical trial of adjuvant chemotherapy with paclitaxel and carboplatin following resection in Stage IB non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC): report of Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) Protocol 9633 [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22(No.14 suppl). Abstract 7019., , , et al.
- 12Adjuvant chemotherapy in stage IB non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC): update of Cancer and Leukemia Group B (CALGB) protocol 9633 [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2006;24(No.18 suppl). Abstract 7007., , , et al.
- 13Treatment of non-small cell lung cancer stage I and stage II: ACCP evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (2nd edition). Chest. 2007;132(suppl 3):234S-242S., , , , .
- 16Greene FL, Page DC, Fleming ID, et al, eds. AJCC Cancer Staging Manual. 6th ed. New York: Springer-Verlag; 2002.
- 26Carboplatin versus cisplatin-based adjuvant chemotherapy in elderly patients with stages IB, II, and IIIA non-small cell lung cancer in the community setting [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2013;31(No.15 suppl). Abstract 7533., , , .
- 28National Library of Medicine. ClinicalTrials.gov. clinicaltrials.gov. Accessed January 20, 2014.
- 29International tailored chemotherapy adjuvant trial: Itaca trial [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30(No.15 suppl). Abstract TPS7109., , , et al.