Young and uninsured: Insurance patterns of recently diagnosed adolescent and young adult cancer survivors in the AYA HOPE study
Version of Record online: 4 JUN 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society. This article has been contributed to by US Government employees and their work is in the public domain in the USA.
Volume 120, Issue 15, pages 2352–2360, August 1, 2014
How to Cite
Parsons, H. M., Schmidt, S., Harlan, L. C., Kent, E. E., Lynch, C. F., Smith, A. W. and Keegan, T. H. M. (2014), Young and uninsured: Insurance patterns of recently diagnosed adolescent and young adult cancer survivors in the AYA HOPE study. Cancer, 120: 2352–2360. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28685
- Issue online: 21 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 4 JUN 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 26 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 24 FEB 2013
- 1Health Insurance Coverage of Young Adults Aged 19 to 25: 2008, 2009, and 2011. Washington, DC: US Census Bureau; 2012. census.gov/prod/2012pubs/acsbr11-11.pdf. Accessed March 20, 2013.
- 9Adolescent and Young Adult Oncology Progress Review Group. Closing the Gap: Research and Care Imperatives for Adolescents and Young Adults With Cancer. Bethesda, MD: National Institutes of Health; 2006.
- 11Cancer Survivorship Research: Estimated U.S. Cancer Prevalence. cancercontrol.cancer.gov/ocs/prevalence/prevalence.html#age. Accessed October 14, 2013.
- 13Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results Program. seer.cancer.gov/. Accessed date January 3, 2014.
- 14Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System. aspe.hhs.gov/hsp/06/catalog-ai-an-na/brfss.htm. Accessed date January 3, 2014.
- 23Kaiser Family Foundation. Summary of the New Health Reform Law. Menlo Park, CA: The Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation; 2011. kff.org/healthreform/upload/8061.pdf. Accessed March 20, 2013..
- 25Will the Affordable Care Act make health insurance affordable? Issue Brief (Commonw Fund). 2011;2:1-15., .
- 27Young, uninsured, and seeking change: health coverage of young adults and their views on health reform. Findings from the Commonwealth fund Survey of Young Adults (2009). Issue Brief (Commonw Fund). 2009;73:1-22., .