Presented in part at the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Clinical Oncology; Chicago, Illinois; May 31 to June 4, 2013.
Limited utility of routine surveillance imaging for classical Hodgkin lymphoma patients in first complete remission
Version of Record online: 7 APR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 14, pages 2122–2129, 15 July 2014
How to Cite
Pingali, S. R., Jewell, S. W., Havlat, L., Bast, M. A., Thompson, J. R., Eastwood, D. C., Bartlett, N. L., Armitage, J. O., Wagner-Johnston, N. D., Vose, J. M. and Fenske, T. S. (2014), Limited utility of routine surveillance imaging for classical Hodgkin lymphoma patients in first complete remission. Cancer, 120: 2122–2129. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28698
We thank the Donald J. Schuenke family for sponsoring Dr. Pingali's fellowship and the University of Nebraska Foundation along with the Nebraska Lymphoma Study Group for support of the lymphoma database at the University of Nebraska Medical Center.
- Issue online: 1 JUL 2014
- Version of Record online: 7 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 23 JAN 2014
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2013
- 1SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2010 [based on the November 2012 SEER data submission, posted to the SEER web site April 2013]. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute; 2013., , , et al, eds.
- 2Ries LAG, Young JL, Keel GE, Eisner MP, Lin YD, Horner M-J, eds. SEER Survival Monograph: Cancer Survival Among Adults: US SEER Program, 1988-2001. Patient and Tumor Characteristics. NIH Pub. No. 07-6215. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute, SEER Program; 2007.
- 3NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology: Hodgkin Lymphoma. Available at: www.nccn.org/. Accessed August 30, 2013., , , et al.
- 13Nonparametric Statistical Methods. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1999., .
- 15Categorical Data Analysis Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.; 1990..
- 16Nonparametric estimation for incomplete observations. J Am Stat Assoc. 1958;282:457–481., .
- 18Hodgkin's lymphoma: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up. Ann Oncol. 2011;22 (suppl 6):vi55–vi58., , , .
- 19Ionizing radiation in cardiac imaging: a science advisory from the American Heart Association Committee on Cardiac Imaging of the Council on Clinical Cardiology and Committee on Cardiovascular Imaging and Intervention of the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention. Circulation. 2009;119:1056–1065., , , et al.
- 23Randomized phase III trial of ABVD versus Stanford V with or without radiation therapy in locally extensive and advanced-stage Hodgkin lymphoma: an intergroup study coordinated by the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (E2496). J Clin Oncol. 2013;31:684–691., , , et al.
- 26Early interim 2-[18F]fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose positron emission tomography is prognostically superior to international prognostic score in advanced-stage Hodgkin's lymphoma: a report from a joint Italian-Danish study. J Clin Oncol. 2007;25:3746–3752., , , et al.
- 28A phase II trial of response adapted therapy of stages III-IV Hodgkin lymphoma using early interim FDG-PET imaging: US Intergroup S0816 [abstract]. Hematol Oncol. 2013;31:137., , .
- 29Hodgkin lymphoma in first remission: routine PET/CT imaging is not superior to clinical follow-up for patients without residual mass: results of a bi-national study including 368 patients [abstract]. Blood. 2013;122:2995., , , et al.
- 31National Research Council. Health Risks From Exposure to Low Levels of Ionizing Radiation: BEIR VII, Phase 2. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2006.