The first 2 authors contributed equally to this work.
Dual inhibition of the vascular endothelial growth factor pathway: A phase 1 trial evaluating bevacizumab and AZD2171 (cediranib) in patients with advanced solid tumors
Article first published online: 17 APR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 14, pages 2164–2173, 15 July 2014
How to Cite
Hong, D. S., Garrido-Laguna, I., Ekmekcioglu, S., Falchook, G. S., Naing, A., Wheler, J. J., Fu, S., Moulder, S. L., Piha-Paul, S., Tsimberidou, A. M., Wen, Y., Culotta, K. S., Anderes, K., Davis, D. W., Liu, W., George, G. C., Camacho, L. H., Percy Ivy, S. and Kurzrock, R. (2014), Dual inhibition of the vascular endothelial growth factor pathway: A phase 1 trial evaluating bevacizumab and AZD2171 (cediranib) in patients with advanced solid tumors. Cancer, 120: 2164–2173. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28701
Subsets of the results were presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology 2011 Annual Meeting; June 3-7, 2011; Chicago, IL (Abstract 80991).
We thank Joann Aaron for scientific editing.
- Issue published online: 1 JUL 2014
- Article first published online: 17 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 13 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 13 DEC 2013
- 3US Food and Drug Administration. FDA Commissioner Announces Avastin Decision. Released November 18, 2011. fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm280536.htm. Accessed April 2, 2014.
- 19National Cancer Institute. 2006 Cancer Therapy Evaluation Program: Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse Events (CTCAE). Version 3.0. Bethesda, MD: National Cancer Institute.
- 20New guidelines to evaluate the response to treatment in solid tumors. European Organization for Research and Treatment of Cancer, National Cancer Institute of the United States, National Cancer Institute of Canada. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2000;92:205-216., , , et al.
- 23Development of a new, highly sensitive assay for circulating tumor cell (CTC) detection based on the CellSearch® CTC profile kit enrichment and laser scanning cytometry analysis [abstract]. Presented at: AACR 101st Annual Meeting 2010; April 17–21, 2010; Washington, DC. Abstract 2687., , , , .
- 29Effective strategies for management of hypertension after vascular endothelial growth factor signaling inhibition therapy: results from a phase II randomized, factorial, double-blind study of cediranib in patients with advanced solid tumors. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:6152-6159., , , et al.
- 33Activity of cediranib, a highly potent and selective VEGF signaling inhibitor, in alveolar soft part sarcoma [abstract]. J Clin Oncol. 2009;15(suppl): Abstract 10523., , , et al.
- 38Expression of iNOS–a favourable prognostic marker for early-stage carcinoma of the uterine cervix. Anticancer Res. 2011;31:2319-2325., , , , .