The first 2 authors contributed equally to this article.
Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy associated with brentuximab vedotin therapy: A report of 5 cases from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR) project
Article first published online: 25 APR 2014
© 2014 American Cancer Society
Volume 120, Issue 16, pages 2464–2471, August 15, 2014
How to Cite
Carson, K. R., Newsome, S. D., Kim, E. J., Wagner-Johnston, N. D., von Geldern, G., Moskowitz, C. H., Moskowitz, A. J., Rook, A. H., Jalan, P., Loren, A. W., Landsburg, D., Coyne, T., Tsai, D., Raisch, D. W., Norris, L. B., Bookstaver, P. B., Sartor, O. and Bennett, C. L. (2014), Progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy associated with brentuximab vedotin therapy: A report of 5 cases from the Southern Network on Adverse Reactions (SONAR) project. Cancer, 120: 2464–2471. doi: 10.1002/cncr.28712
Critical review was provided by Eugene O. Major, PhD, chief of Laboratory of Molecular Medicine and Neuroscience at the National Institute of Neurologic Diseases of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Zaina Qureshi, PhD, MS; Brian Chen, PhD, JD; and Richard M. Schulz, PhD provided helpful critical review of the policy implications of the study.
- Issue published online: 5 AUG 2014
- Article first published online: 25 APR 2014
- Manuscript Accepted: 27 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Revised: 17 FEB 2014
- Manuscript Received: 28 OCT 2013
- 12US Food and Drug Administration. FDA Public Health Advisory Updated Safety Information about Raptiva (efalizumab). fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/PostmarketDrugSafetyInformationforPatientsandProviders/DrugSafetyInformationforHeathcareProfessionals/PublicHealthAdvisories/ucm110605.htm. Access date.
- 14National Cancer Institute. FDA Approval for Brentuximab Vedotin. cancer.gov/cancertopics/druginfo/fda-brentuximabvedotin. Accessed on March 17, 2013.
- 15Adcetris (Brentuximab Vedotin) Package Insert. accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2011/125388s000,125399s000lbl.pdf. Accessed on May 14, 2013.
- 16Adcetris (Brentuximab Vedotin) Package Insert. accessdata.fda.gov/drugsatfda_docs/label/2012/125388s0005lbl.pdf. Accessed on May 14, 2013.