Fax: (416) 586-8481
A validation study of the FocalPoint GS imaging system for gynecologic cytology screening†
Article first published online: 29 JAN 2013
Copyright © 2012 American Cancer Society
Volume 121, Issue 4, pages 189–196, April 2013
How to Cite
Colgan, T. J., Bon, N., Clipsham, S., Gardiner, G., Sumner, J., Walley, V. and McLachlin, C. M. (2013), A validation study of the FocalPoint GS imaging system for gynecologic cytology screening. Cancer Cytopathology, 121: 189–196. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21271
None of the authors or participating laboratories has any financial interest in BD SurePath or any other automated gynecologic screening device.
- Issue published online: 12 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 14 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 14 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 26 SEP 2012
- 2BD Diagnostics. The BD FocalPoint Slide Profiler. Franklin Lakes, NJ: BD Diagnostics; 2012. Available at: http://www.bd.com/tripath/labs/fp_screening.asp. Accessed August 8, 2012.
- 3Cancer Care Ontario. The Ontario Cervical Screening Program 2003-2008. Toronto, Ontario: Cancer Care Ontario; 2012. Available at: https://www.cancercare.on.ca/pcs/screening/cervscreening/hcpresources/. Accessed August 7, 2012.
- 6Quality Management Program-Laboratory Services (QMP-LS). Accreditation Requirements and Guidance. Toronto, Ontario: QMP-LS, Ontario Medical Association; 2012. Available at: http://www.qmpls.org/LaboratoryAccreditation/OLARequirements.aspx. Accessed August 8, 2012.
- 7Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (formerly the National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards [NCCLS]). A Framework for NCCLS Evaluation Protocols; A Report. NCCLS documentEP19-R. Wayne, PA: Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute; 2009.
- 8Basic Statistical Analysis. 7th ed. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Group; 2003..
- 10BD Diagnostics. BD FocalPoint GS Imaging System [product insert]. Franklin Lakes, NJ: BD Diagnostics; 2012. Available at: http://www.bd.com/tripath/labs/fp_gs_system.asp. Accessed August 8, 2012.
- 11British Association for Cytopathology. Recommended Code of Practice for Laboratories Participating in the UK Cervical Screening Programmes. London, United Kingdom: British Association for Cytopathology; 2012. Available at: http://www.britishcytology.org.uk/resources/resources.asp. Accessed August 27, 2012.
- 12College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMTLO). Practice Guidelines for Medical Laboratory Technologists Practicing in Cytology. Toronto, Ontario: CMTLO; 2008. Available at: http://www.cmlto.com/index.php?searchword= cytotechnologists&ordering=&searchphrase=all&Itemid=9999&option=com_search. Accessed August 8, 2012.
- 13MAVARIC a comparison of automation-assisted and manual cervical screening: a randomised controlled trial. Health Technol Assess. 2011; 15: iii-iv, ix-xi, 1-170., , , et al.
- 15on behalf of the British Association for Cytopathology. Implementation of “No further review” (NFR) using the BC FocalPoint Slide. Profiler. National Health Service Cervical Screening Programme Good Practice Guide No. 4. Sheffield, United Kingdom: National Health Service Cancer Screening Programmes; 2012.Available at: http://www.britishcytology.org.uk/uploads/NHSCSP%20GPG4%20No%20further%20review.pdf. Accessed August 27, 2012., , , ;