Diagnostic error assessment and associated harm of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of neuroendocrine neoplasms of the pancreas
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 121, Issue 11, pages 653–660, November 2013
How to Cite
Hooper, K., Mukhtar, F., Li, S. and Eltoum, I. A. (2013), Diagnostic error assessment and associated harm of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration of neuroendocrine neoplasms of the pancreas. Cancer Cytopathology, 121: 653–660. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21332
- Issue published online: 13 NOV 2013
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 7 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAR 2013
- 4Endosonography-guided fine needle aspiration biopsy in the evaluation of pancreatic masses. Am J Gastroenterol. 2002;97:1386-1391., .Direct Link:
- 11Pancreas. In: DeMay RM, ed. The Art and Science of Cytopathology. 2nd ed. Chicago, IL: ASCP Press; 2012:1323-1325..
- 12Large, clear cytoplasmic vacuolation: an under-recognized cytologic clue to distinguish solid pseudopapillary neoplasms of the pancreas from pancreatic endocrine neoplasms on fine-needle aspiration. Cancer. 2008;114:249-254., , .
- 14Increased diagnostic yield of endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine needle aspirates with flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry [published online ahead of print July 26, 2012]. Diagn Cytopathol. doi: 10.1002/dc.22903., , , et al.
- 15E-cadherin/beta-catenin and CD10: a limited immunohistochemical panel to distinguish pancreatic endocrine neoplasm from solid pseudopapillary neoplasm of the pancreas on endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspirates of the pancreas. Am J Clin Pathol. 2009;132:831-839., , , , , .