Does speculum lubricant affect liquid-based Papanicolaou test adequacy?
Article first published online: 19 NOV 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 122, Issue 3, pages 221–226, March 2014
How to Cite
Lin, S. N., Taylor, J., Alperstein, S., Hoda, R. and Holcomb, K. (2014), Does speculum lubricant affect liquid-based Papanicolaou test adequacy?. Cancer Cytopathology, 122: 221–226. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21369
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2014
- Article first published online: 19 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 17 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 15 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 AUG 2013
- 1US Food and Drug Administration. May 1996 PMA Approvals. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf/p950039.pdf. Accessed November 14, 2013.
- 2The impact of liquid-based cytology in decreasing the incidence of cervical cancer. Rev Obstet Gynecol. 2011;4(suppl 1):S2-S11., .
- 4US Department of Health and Human Services. Health, United States, 2011. Table 91. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/hus/hus11.pdf. Accessed February 14, 2013.
- 5Practices of participants in the College of American Pathologists Interlaboratory Comparison Program in Cervicovaginal Cytology, 2006. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010;134:331-335., , , et al.
- 7Hologic, Inc. Lubricant use during Pap sample collection. http://www.thinprep.com/pdfs/colleague_letter.pdf. Accessed February 14, 2013.
- 16Hologic, Inc. ThinPrep operator's manual. Boxborough, MA; 1997.
- 17Solomon D, Nayar R, eds. The Bethesda System for Reporting Cervical Cytology: Definitions, Criteria, and Explanatory Notes. 2nd ed. New York: Springer; 2004.
- 18Department of Health and Human Services. 510K Summary. www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf9/K092488.pdf. Accessed September 15, 2012.
- 19Surgilube Material Safety Data Sheet. www.surgilube.com/pdfs/surgi-msds.pdf. Accessed September 15, 2012.
- 20A comparative study of vaginal and cervical cornification in human subjects. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1997;7:749-752., , .
- 22Cyctyc, Inc. Letter regarding lubricant use during Pap test collection for the ThinPrep® Pap. http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu/root/pdfs/vpls/thinprep.pdf. Accessed January 5, 2013.
- 23Predictors of unsatisfactory conventional cervical cytology smear. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 2001;33:725-728., , .