We thank the staff from the Cytology Department, Altnagelvin Hospital for their support with this project and Mike Stevenson at Queen's University Belfast for statistical analysis of the data.
Stability of human papillomavirus (HPV) in cervical ThinPrep specimens previously lysed with glacial acetic acid: Effect on cobas 4800 HPV test performance
Article first published online: 3 DEC 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 122, Issue 4, pages 250–256, April 2014
How to Cite
McMenamin, M. and McKenna, M. (2014), Stability of human papillomavirus (HPV) in cervical ThinPrep specimens previously lysed with glacial acetic acid: Effect on cobas 4800 HPV test performance. Cancer Cytopathology, 122: 250–256. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21377
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 3 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 4 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2013
- 1Evaluation of HPV/LBC Cervical Screening Pilot Studies: Report to the Department of Health (Revised October 2004). Sheffield, UK: National Health Service Cancer Screening Programmes; 2004., , , et al.
- 2Northern Ireland Cervical Screening Programme. Annual Report and Statistical Bulletin, 2009-2010. Belfast, Northern Ireland: Quality Assurance Reference Centre; 2010.
- 3The National Health Service (NHS) Information Centre, Screening and Immunisation Team. NHS Cancer Screening Programmes (CSP) Statistical Bulletin, England 2010-2011. Sheffield, UK: NHSCSP; 2011.
- 4Cervical Screening Wales. A Report on the Implementation of Liquid Based Cytology in Wales: July 2004 to December 2005. Cardiff, UK: Cervical Screening Wales; 2007.
- 7ARTISTIC: a randomised trial of human papillomavirus (HPV) testing in primary cervical screening. Health Technol Assess. 2009;13:51–150, iii-iv., , , et al.
- 8National Health Service (NHS) Cancer Screening Programmes (CSP). Achievable Standards, Benchmarks for Reporting and Criteria for Evaluating Cervical Cytopathology. 3rd ed. NHSCSP Publ. No. 1. Sheffield, UK: NHSCSP; 2012.
- 11Reflex high-risk human papillomavirus DNA testing (Hybrid Capture 2) of bloody ThinPrep specimens with atypical squamous cells of undetermined significance interpretation; does pretreatment with acetic acid affect test performance? Cancer Cytopathol. 2005;105:452–456., .
- 12Cytyc Corporation (Hologic). ThinPrep 3000 Processor Operator's Manual. Bedford, MA: Cytyc Corporation (Hologic); 2000.
- 13Roche Molecular Systems. cobas HPV Test Sample Color Reference Guide. Pleasanton, CA: Roche Molecular Systems; 2012.
- 15Roche Molecular Systems. cobas 4800 HPV Test [package insert]. Doc Rev 2.0. Pleasanton, CA: Roche Molecular Systems; 2010.