We thank the Adenoid Cystic Carcinoma Research Foundation for supporting this study and the Nuovo-Soldati Foundation for supporting Dr. Pusztaszeri's visiting fellowship to Massachusetts General Hospital from 2011 to 2012.
MYB immunostaining is a useful ancillary test for distinguishing adenoid cystic carcinoma from pleomorphic adenoma in fine-needle aspiration biopsy specimens
Article first published online: 2 DEC 2013
© 2013 American Cancer Society
Volume 122, Issue 4, pages 257–265, April 2014
How to Cite
Pusztaszeri, M. P., Sadow, P. M., Ushiku, A., Bordignon, P., McKee, T. A. and Faquin, W. C. (2014), MYB immunostaining is a useful ancillary test for distinguishing adenoid cystic carcinoma from pleomorphic adenoma in fine-needle aspiration biopsy specimens. Cancer Cytopathology, 122: 257–265. doi: 10.1002/cncy.21381
- Issue published online: 14 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 2 DEC 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 NOV 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 28 OCT 2013
- Manuscript Received: 7 SEP 2013
- 2Tumors of the Salivary Glands (AFIP Atlas of Tumor Pathology: series 4, book 9). Washington, DC: American Registry of Pathology; 2008., .
- 3Adenoid cystic carcinoma. In: Barnes L, Eveson JW, Reichart P, Sidransky D, eds. World Health Organization Classification of Tumours. Pathology and Genetics of Head and Neck Tumours. Lyon, France: IARC Press;2005:221–222., .
- 202nd, , , et al. Analysis of MYB expression and MYB-NFIB gene fusions in adenoid cystic carcinoma and other salivary neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 2011;24:1169–1176.
- 27Comparing of IRS and Her2 as immunohistochemical scoring schemes in gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2012;5:187–194., , , et al.
- 29Diagnostic utility of PLAG1 immunohistochemical determination in salivary gland tumors [published online ahead of print August 16, 2013]. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2013., , , .
- 32Lower HER-2/chromosome enumeration probe 17 ratio in cytologic HER-2 fluorescence in situ hybridization for breast cancers: 3-dimensional analysis of intranuclear localization of centromere 17 and HER-2 signals. Cancer Cytopathology. 2008;114:134–140., , , .