Neuroanatomy of the FGF system
Article first published online: 5 MAY 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Journal of Comparative Neurology
Volume 509, Issue 2, pages 141–143, 10 July 2008
How to Cite
Dominguez, M. H. and Rakic, P. (2008), Neuroanatomy of the FGF system. J. Comp. Neurol., 509: 141–143. doi: 10.1002/cne.21748
- Issue published online: 5 MAY 2008
- Article first published online: 5 MAY 2008
- Manuscript Received: 26 MAR 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 MAR 2008
- 2007. COUP-TFI regulates the balance of cortical patterning between frontal/motor and sensory areas. Nat Neurosci 10: 1277–1286. , , , , , .
- 2008 Develoment of human cerebral cortex. Boulder Committee revisited. Nat Rev Neurosci 9: 110–122. , , .
- 2007. Patterning of frontal cortex subdivisions by Fgf17. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104: 7652–7657. , .
- 2008. Frontal cortex subdivision patterning is coordinately regulated by Fgf8, Fgf17, and Emx2. J Comp Neurol (this issue). , .
- 2001. Neocortex patterning by the secreted signaling molecule FGF8. Science 294: 1071–1074. , .
- 2003. Emx2 patterns the neocortex by regulating FGF positional signaling. Nat Neurosci 6: 825–831. , .
- 2004. EMX2 regulates sizes and positioning of the primary sensory and motor areas in neocortex by direct specification of cortical progenitors. Neuron 43: 359–372. , , , .
- 2002. Brain factor-1 controls the proliferation and differentiation of neocortical progenitor cells through independent mechanisms. J Neurosci 22: 6526–6536. , , , .
- 1998. Changes in cell cycle kinetics during the development and evolution of primate neocortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95: 1242–1246. , .
- 2003. FGF17b and FGF18 have different midbrain regulatory properties from FGF8b or activated FGF receptors. Development 130: 6175–6185. , , , , , .
- 2005. G1 phase regulation, area-specific cell cycle control, and cytoarchitectonics in the primate cortex. Neuron 47: 353–364. , , , , , , , .
- 2006. Gene networks controlling early cerebral cortex arealization. Eur J Neurosci 23: 847–856. , .
- 2000. The lack of Emx2 causes impairment of Reelin signaling and defects of neuronal migration in the developing cerebral cortex. J Neurosci 20: 1109–2118. , , , , , , .
- 2007. Initiation to end point: the multiple roles of fibroblast growth factors in neural development. Nat Rev Neurosci 8: 583–596. .
- 2007. Area patterning of the mammalian cortex. Neuron 56: 252–269. , , .
- 1997. The timetable of laminar neurogenesis contributes to the specification of cortical areas in mouse isocortex. J Comp Neurol 385: 95–116. , , .
- 1988. Specification of cerebral cortical areas. Science 241: 170–176. .
- 1995. A small step for the cell, a giant leap for mankind: a hypothesis of neocortical expansion during evolution. Trends Neurosci 18: 383–388. .
- 2001. Neurocreationism—making new cortical maps. Science 294: 1011–1012. .
- 1991. A novel cytoarchitectonic area induced experimentally within the primate visual cortex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 88: 2083–2087. , , .
- 2007. The neural progenitor-specifying activity of FoxG1 is antagonistically regulated by CKI and FGF. Nat Cell Biol 9: 531–540. , , , , .
- 2007. Sp8 exhibits reciprocal induction with Fgf8 but has an opposing effect on anterior-posterior cortical area patterning. Neural Dev 2: 10. , , , .
- 2003. Dosage of Fgf8 determines whether cell survival is positively or negatively regulated in the developing forebrain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 100: 1757–1762. , , .
- 2006. Dose-dependent functions of Fgf8 in regulating telencephalic patterning centers. Development 133: 1831–1844. , , , , , , , .
- 2005. Regulation of isthmic Fgf8 signal by sprouty2. Development 132: 257–265. , , .
- 2006. Receptor specificity of the fibroblast growth factor family. The complete mammalian FGF family. J Biol Chem 281: 15694–15700. , , , , , .
- 2001. COUP-TFI: an intrinsic factor for early regionalization of the neocortex. Genes Dev 15: 2054–2059. , , .