On a micro-macro model for polymeric fluids near equilibrium
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2006
Copyright © 2006 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Communications on Pure and Applied Mathematics
Volume 60, Issue 6, pages 838–866, June 2007
How to Cite
Lin, F.-H., Liu, C. and Zhang, P. (2007), On a micro-macro model for polymeric fluids near equilibrium. Comm. Pure Appl. Math., 60: 838–866. doi: 10.1002/cpa.20159
- Issue published online: 12 MAR 2007
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2006
- Manuscript Received: JUN 2005
- National Science Foundation Grant. Grant Numbers: DMS-0201443, DMS-0405850
- Petroleum Research Fund (PRF) from the American Chemical Society
- National Science Foundation of China. Grant Numbers: 10131050, 10276036
- Chinese Academy of Sciences
In this paper, we study a micro-macro model for polymeric fluid. The system involves coupling between the macroscopic momentum equation and a microscopic evolution equation describing the combined effects of the microscopic potential and thermofluctuation. We employ an energetic variation procedure to explore the relation between the macroscopic transport of the particles and the induced elastic stress due to the microscopic structure. For the initial data not far from the equilibrium, we prove the global existence and uniqueness of classical solutions to the system. © 2006 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.