- 1.1Structural Features of Hippocampus
- 1.2Synaptically Evoked Responses
- 1.3Long-Term Potentiation as Neuronal Model for Memory
- 1.4Is LTP Primarily Presynaptic or Postsynaptic Phenomenon?
- 1.5Comprehensive Hypothesis for LTP
- 1.6Hypothesis of LTP Generation and Its Significance as Model for Memory
- 1.7Further Questions Relating to Hypothesis
- 1.8Difficulties for Hypothesis and Unexplained Phenomena
Mechanisms of Learning in Complex Neural Systems
Handbook of Physiology, The Nervous System, Higher Functions of the Brain
Published Online: 1 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2010 American Physiological Society. All rights reserved.
How to Cite
Eccles, J. C. 2011. Mechanisms of Learning in Complex Neural Systems. Comprehensive Physiology. 137–167.
- Published Online: 1 JAN 2011
The sections in this article are:
- 1Hippocampus as Model for Memory
- 2Role of Hippocampus in Memory
- 2.1Anatomical Connectivities of Hippocampus
- 2.2Types of Memory
- 2.3Role of Hippocampus in Learning
- 2.4Role of Hippocampus in Laying Down Memory Traces Elsewhere
- 2.5Final Comments