Distribution of Stresses Within the Lung
Handbook of Physiology, The Respiratory System, Mechanics of Breathing
Published Online: 1 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2010 American Physiological Society. All rights reserved.
How to Cite
Rodarte, J. R. and Fung, Y. C. 2011. Distribution of Stresses Within the Lung. Comprehensive Physiology. 233–245.
- Published Online: 1 JAN 2011
The sections in this article are:
- 1Why is Stress Distribution Nonuniform?
- 2Why is it Important to Know Stress Distribution?
- 3Simplifications Introduced to Analysis of Stress Distribution
- 4Relationship Between Microscopic Structure and Macroscopic Properties
- 5Material Properties of Lung Parenchyma
- 6Meaning of Other Elastic Constants
- 7Implications of Relative Magnitudes of Bulk and Shear Moduli
- 8Macroscopic Lung Stress Distribution
- 9Local Stress Distribution