- 1.1Extracellular Fluid as a Passive Osmotic Buffer
- 1.2Extracellular Fluid as an Active Osmotic Buffer
Variations in Salinity, Osmolarity, and Water Availability: Vertebrates and Invertebrates
Handbook of Physiology, Comparative Physiology
Published Online: 1 JAN 2011
Copyright © 2010 American Physiological Society. All rights reserved.
How to Cite
Gllles, R. and Delpire, E. 2011. Variations in Salinity, Osmolarity, and Water Availability: Vertebrates and Invertebrates. Comprehensive Physiology. 1523–1586.
- Published Online: 1 JAN 2011
The sections in this article are:
- 1Extracellular Fluid
- 2Intracellular Fluid
- 2.1Osmoregulation: Osmotic Effectors and Volume Control
- 2.2Mechanisms of Cellular Volume Control
- 2.3Osmoregulation: Osmotic Effectors and Activity of Macromolecules
- 4.1Note Added in Proof