Using Alba Emoting™ to work with emotions in psychotherapy
Version of Record online: 2 OCT 2011
Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
Volume 20, Issue 2, pages 180–187, March/April 2013
How to Cite
Kalawski, J. P. (2013), Using Alba Emoting™ to work with emotions in psychotherapy. Clin. Psychol. Psychother., 20: 180–187. doi: 10.1002/cpp.790
- Issue online: 2 APR 2013
- Version of Record online: 2 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 26 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 23 AUG 2011
- Manuscript Received: 3 MAY 2011
- Alba Emoting;
- Basic Emotions;
Alba Emoting™ is a physical method to help recognize, induce, express and regulate the basic emotions. This is achieved through specific breathing, postural and facial behaviours. Alba Emoting is based on psychophysiological research by Susana Bloch and her collaborators, who have applied this method mainly to train actors. Alba Emoting can be used in psychotherapy to facilitate emotion awareness, regulation and transformation. It can also help therapists better recognize their own and their clients' emotions. The application of Alba Emoting in psychotherapy is illustrated with a case example. Copyright © 2011 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Key Practitioner Message
- Alba Emoting is a physical, scientific method for working with emotions.
- Alba Emoting can help therapists better recognize their own and their clients' emotions.
- Alba Emoting can help clients achieve better emotional awareness and regulation.
- Alba Emoting can also help clients experience and express emotions they may normally inhibit.