Mediating Value Conflicts
Article first published online: 10 APR 2014
© Wiley Periodicals, Inc., and the Association for Conflict Resolution
Conflict Resolution Quarterly
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 331–354, Spring 2014
How to Cite
Illes, R., Ellemers, N. and Harinck, F. (2014), Mediating Value Conflicts. Conflict Resolution Quarterly, 31: 331–354. doi: 10.1002/crq.21089
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2014
- Article first published online: 10 APR 2014
- 2009. “Mediation.” In Handboek Mediation, 4th ed., edited by A. Brenninkmeijer, D. Bonenkamp, K. Van Oyen, and H. Prein. Den Haag: Sdu Uitgevers.
- 1995. “Grounded Theory.” In Rethinking Methods in Psychology, edited by J. A. Smith, R. Harre, and L. V. Langenhove. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- 1988. “Value Differences and Conflict Resolution: Facilitation or Delinking?” Journal of Conflict Resolution, 126: 415–17. , , and ,
- 1977. “Conflict of Interest and Value Dissensus: Two Perspectives.” In Negotiations: Social-Psychological Perspectives, edited by D. Druckman. Beverly Hills, CA: Sage. , , and .
- 1970. “Conflict of Interest and Value Dissensus.” Human Relations, 23: 431–38. , and .
- 1973. “Conflict of Interest and value Dissensus: Propositions in the Sociology of Conflict.” Human Relations, 26: 449–66. , and .
- 2004. “The Positive and Negative Effects of Anger on Dispute Resolution: Evidence from Electronically Mediated Disputes.” Journal of Applied Psychology, 89: 369–76. , , , , , and .
- 1967. Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research. Mill Valley, CA: Sociology Press. , and .
- 2004. “Negotiating Interests or Values and Reaching Integrative Agreements: The Importance of Time Pressure and Temporary Impasses.” European Journal of Social Psychology, 34: 595–611. , and .
- 2000. “The Impact of Conflict Issue on Fixed-Pie Perceptions, Problem Solving, and Integrative Outcomes in Negotiation.” Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 81: 329–58. , , and .
- 2011. “Be Hard on the Interests and Soft on the Values: Conflict Issue Moderates the Effects of Anger in Negotiations.” British Journal of Social Psychology, 51: 741–52. , and .
- 2005. “Understanding Conflict in Geographically Distributed Teams: The Moderating Effects of Shared Identity, Shared Context, and Spontaneous Communication.” Organization Science, 16: 290–307. , and .
- 1979. “Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk.” Econometric, 47: 263–91. , and .
- 1986. “Value Differences and Conflict Resolution.” Journal of Social Psychology, 126: 415–17. , , and .
- 2012. “The Implications of Value Conflict: How Disagreement on Values Affects Self-Involvement and Perceived Common Ground.” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 38: 798–807. , , , and .
- 2012. “Introduction to the Special Issue on Mediator Style.” Negotiation and Conflict Management Research, 5: 334–39. , and .
- 2012. “Why Anger and Disappointment Affect Others' Bargaining Behavior Differently: The Moderating Role of Power and the Mediating Role of Reciprocal and Complementary Emotions.” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 38: 1209–21. , , , and .
- 2009. “Conflicten.” In Handboek Mediation, 4th ed., edited by A. Brenninkmeijer, D. Bonenkamp, K. Van Oyen, and H. Prein. Den Haag: Sdu Uitgevers.
- 1993. Negotiation in Social Conflict. Buckingham, UK: Open University Press. , and .
- 1964. Strategy and Conscience. New York: Harper and Row.
- 2011. “Wanneer jij OK bent, ben ik ook OK!: Hoe de Bevestiging van een ander het Oplossen van een Waardenconflict vergemakkelijkt.” In Jaarboek Sociale Psychologie, edited by N. van de Ven, M. Baas, L. van Dillen, D. Lakens, A. M. Lokhorst, and M. Strick. Groningen, Netherlands: Aspo Pers. , , and .
- 2005. “Moral Conviction: Another Contributor to Attitude Strength or Something More?” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 88: 895–917. , , and .
- 2008. “Are You Talking to Me? Separating the People from the Problem When Expressing Emotions in Negotiation.” Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 44: 397–403. , , and .
- 2000. “The Psychology of the Unthinkable: Taboo Trade-Offs, Forbidden Base Rates, and Heretical Counterfactuals.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 78: 853–70. , , , , and, .
- 2004. “The Inter-personal Effects of Emotions in Negotiations: A Motivated Information Processing Approach.” Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 87: 510–28. , , and .
- 2002. “Barriers to Resolution in Ideologically Based Negotiations: The Role of Values and Institution.” Academy of Management Review, 27: 41–57. , , , , , and .
- 1981. “Mediation: An Analysis, Review and Proposed Research.” Journal of Conflict Resolution, 25: 157–80.
- 2008. “The Cognitive and Affective Dimensions of Moral Conviction: Implications for Attitudinal and Behavioral Measures of Interpersonal Tolerance.” Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 34: 1461–77. , , and .