Investigation and Enhancement of the Stability and Performance of Water Reduction Systems based on Cyclometalated Iridium(III) Complexes
Article first published online: 12 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2013 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim
Volume 6, Issue 1, pages 92–101, January 2013
How to Cite
Hansen, S., Pohl, M.-M., Klahn, M., Spannenberg, A. and Beweries, T. (2013), Investigation and Enhancement of the Stability and Performance of Water Reduction Systems based on Cyclometalated Iridium(III) Complexes. ChemSusChem, 6: 92–101. doi: 10.1002/cssc.201200617
- Issue published online: 11 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 12 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 20 AUG 2012
- 13Selected recent examples:
- 24TONs given here correspond to H2 [n(H2)/n(cat)]. For the sake of comparison, in some publications the TON is related to 0.5 H2 [2 n(H⋅)/n(cat)], thus the value is doubled.
- 31Not all Stern–Volmer plots show a linear behaviour, which might indicate a dynamic quenching process. However, the numbers are significant enough to support the statement that reductive quenching occurs as the kSV values of all other quenchers besides TEA are at least one order of magnitude smaller.
- 32Inorg. Synth. 2010, 35, 168–173.,
- 35Analogous equipment was used for the measurement of gas consumption in hydrogenation reactions. This equipment has been developed at the LIKAT Rostock together with MesSen Nord (Stäbelow) and is described in:
- 35aThe Handbook of Homogeneous Hydrogenation, Vol. 1 (Eds.: J. G. De Vries, C. J. Elsevier), Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2007, pp. 257–293;, , , in
- 36For specifications of the light source (LOT-Oriel-300-W-Xe-lamp, LSB530) and cut-off filter (ITOS, GG420) see: http://www.lot-oriel.com.
- 37Gaussian 09 Rev. A.02, M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel, G. E. Scuseria, M. A. Robb, J. R. Cheeseman, G. Scalmani, V. Barone, B. Mennucci, G. A. Petersson, H. Nakatsuji, M. Caricato, X. Li, H. P. Hratchian, A. F. Izmaylov, J. Bloino, G. Zheng, J. L. Sonnenberg, M. Hada, M. Ehara, K. Toyota, R. Fukuda, J. Hasegawa, M. Ishida, T. Nakajima, Y. Honda, O. Kitao, H. Nakai, T. Vreven, J. A. Montgomery, Jr., J. E. Peralta, F. Ogliaro, M. Bearpark, J. J. Heyd, E. Brothers, K. N. Kudin, V. N. Staroverov, R. Kobayashi, J. Normand, K. Raghavachari, A. Rendell, J. C. Burant, S. S. Iyengar, J. Tomasi, M. Cossi, N. Rega, J. M. Millam, M. Klene, J. E. Knox, J. B. Cross, V. Bakken, C. Adamo, J. Jaramillo, R. Gomperts, R. E. Stratmann, O. Yazyev, A. J. Austin, R. Cammi, C. Pomelli, J. W. Ochterski, R. L. Martin, K. Morokuma, V. G. Zakrzewski, G. A. Voth, P. Salvador, J. J. Dannenberg, S. Dapprich, A. D. Daniels, O. Farkas, J. B. Foresman, J. V. Ortiz, J. Cioslowski, D. J. Fox, Gaussian, Inc., Wallingford, CT, 2009.