Work performed under the auspices of the U.S. Department of Energy by the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory under contract number W-7405-ENG-48 with support from HHS grants CA 30613 (E.B.) and CA 31714 (E.B.) and the National Laboratory Gene Library Project. A preliminary report on portions of this instrument has been given in the Department of Energy publication: Energy and Technology Review, UCRL-52000-84-3, 1984, pp 13–21.
Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2005
Copyright © 1985 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 6, Issue 4, pages 290–301, July 1985
How to Cite
Peters, D., Branscomb, E., Dean, P., Merrill, T., Pinkel, D., Van Dilla, M. and Gray, J. W. (1985), The LLNL high-speed sorter: Design features, operational characteristics, and biological utility. Cytometry, 6: 290–301. doi: 10.1002/cyto.990060404
Presented at the Conference on Analytical Cytology X, Asilomar Conference Grounds, Pacific Grove, California, June 3–8, 1984.
- Issue online: 16 JUN 2005
- Version of Record online: 30 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 FEB 1985
- Manuscript Received: 17 JAN 1985
- 5Dual beam sorting at Livermore. In: Flow Cytome IV, LaerumOD, LindmoT, ThorudE (eds) Universitetsforlaget Bergen, 1980, pp 41–44.:
- 61982., , ; Fluidic assembly for an ultra-high speed chromosome flow sorter. United States Patent 4,361,400
- 9Hydrodynamic properties of flow cytometric instruments. In: Flow Cytometry and Sorting. MelamedMR, MullaneyPF, MendelsohnML (eds). John Wiley and Sons, New York, 1979, pp. 41–60., :
- 14Flow Cytometry and Sorting. J. Wiley and Sons, New York, 1979., , :
- 15Flow chambers and sample handling. In: Flow Cytometry: Instrumentation and Data Analysis. Academic Press, New York (in press)., :
- 16The Theory of Sound. Dover Publications, Inc., New York, 1945, 2nd ed., Vol. II, Ch. XX.:
- 18High Frequency Oscillography with Electrostatically Deflected Ink Jets. Stanford Electronics Laboratory Technical Report No. 1722–1, 1964.:
- 20Cytometry (in press)., , , , : Preparation of chromosome suspensions for flow cytometry II. Bivariate analysis of human chromosomes.