This paper is an expanded version of work first presented at the XIIIth International Meeting of The Society for Analytical Cytology, September 4–9, 1988, Breckenridge, CO. This work was supported in part by grants from the U.S. Office of Naval Research (N00014–87-K-0007 and 83-K0661) and from the National Science Foundation (OCE8421041 and OCE8614488).
Optimal Utilization of Flow Cytometry
Use of a neural net computer system for analysis of flow cytometric data of phytoplankton populations†
Article first published online: 8 MAR 2005
Copyright © 1989 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 10, Issue 5, pages 540–550, September 1989
How to Cite
Frankel, D. S., Olson, R. J., Frankel, S. L. and Chisholm, S. W. (1989), Use of a neural net computer system for analysis of flow cytometric data of phytoplankton populations. Cytometry, 10: 540–550. doi: 10.1002/cyto.990100509
- Issue published online: 16 JUN 2005
- Article first published online: 8 MAR 2005
- Manuscript Accepted: 13 APR 1989
- Manuscript Received: 23 NOV 1988
- 2Cytometry [Suppl 2] p 6, 1988.: Warning: Your cluster algorithm may be dangerous to your analysis.
- 3The individual cell in phytoplankton ecology: Cell cycles and applications of flow cytometry. Can Bull Fish Aquat Sci 214: 343–369, 1986., , :
- 61987, , , : A Microcomputer Neural Net Benchmarked Against Standard Classification Techniques. Proceedings of the IEEE First Annual International Conference on Neural Networks, IEEE Catalog No. 87TH0191–7,
- 7Individual feeding variability of protozoan and crustacean zooplankton analyzed with flow cytometry. Limnol Oceanogr 32: 691–698, 1987., , , :
- 8Studies of Mind and Brai n. D. Reidel Publishing Co., Dordrecht, Holland, 1981.:
- 9Self-Organization and Associative Memor y. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1984.:
- 15PDP Research Group: Parallel Distributed Processing, Vols. 1, 2, and 3. MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, 1986., , and the
- 16Numerical Taxonom y. W. H. Freeman and Co, San Francisco, 1973.:
- 21Real-time characterization of individual marine particles at sea: Flow cytometry. In: Tidal Mixing and Plankton Dynamics, BowmanM, YentschCM, PetersonWT (eds). Lecture Notes on Coastal and Estuarine Studies, Volume 17. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1986, pp 414–448., , , :