Conflict of Interest: Cytognos S.L. is a part of the UE-supported EuroFlow Research Consortium and has implemented some of the algorithms described in the present study, in its proprietary software INFINICYT; Cytognos S.L. has a contract license of several patents owned by the University of Salamanca, of which A Orfao, CE Pedreira, and ES Costa are inventors. Other authors declare no competing financial interests.
A probabilistic approach for the evaluation of minimal residual disease by multiparameter flow cytometry in leukemic B-cell chronic lymphoproliferative disorders†
Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2008
Copyright © 2008 International Society for Advancement of Cytometry
Cytometry Part A
Volume 73A, Issue 12, pages 1141–1150, December 2008
How to Cite
Pedreira, C.E., Costa, E.S., Almeida, J., Fernandez, C., Quijano, S., Flores, J., Barrena, S., Lecrevisse, Q., Van Dongen, J.J.M. and Orfao, A. (2008), A probabilistic approach for the evaluation of minimal residual disease by multiparameter flow cytometry in leukemic B-cell chronic lymphoproliferative disorders. Cytometry, 73A: 1141–1150. doi: 10.1002/cyto.a.20638
- Issue online: 13 NOV 2008
- Version of Record online: 3 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 10 APR 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 12 FEB 2008
- Manuscript Received: 6 JUN 2007
- European Commission (EuroFlow). Grant Number: LSHB-CT-2006-018708
- The Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Ministerio de Sanidad y Consumo, Madrid, Spain. Grant Number: ISCIII-RTICC RD06/0020/0035-FEDER
- Ministerio de Educación y Ciencia, Madrid, Spain (Programa Hispano-Brasileño de Cooperación Universitaria). Grant Number: PHB 2004-0800-PC
- CAPES/Ministerio da Educação, Brasĺlia, Brazil
- CNPq-Brazilian National Research Council, Brasĺlia, Brazil
- FAPERJ-Rio de Janeiro Research Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Fundación Marcelino Botĺn, Madrid, Spain
- 3H43-A2 Clinical Flow Cytometric Analysis of Neoplastic Hematolymphoid Cells; Approved Guideline, 2nd ed. Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute: Wayne, PA; 2007..
- 12Eradication of minimal residual disease with alemtuzumab in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (B-CLL) patients: The need for a standard method of detection and the potential impact of bone marrow clearance on disease outcome. Cancer Invest 2005; 23: 488–496., , .
- 29Baysian Decision Theory. In: DudaRO,HartPE,StorkGD, editors. Pattern Classification,2nd ed. New York: Wiley; 2001. pp 20–82., , .
- 312007., , . A method for generating flow cytometry data files containing an infinite number of dimensions based on data estimation. U.S. Pat. No. 11/240,167;
- 322007., , . Generation of flow cytometry data files with a potentially infinite number of dimensions derived from the fusion of a group of separate flow cytometry data files and their multidimensional reconstruction with both actually measured and estimated flow cytometry data. Eur. Pat. No. EP1,770,387;
- 33Maximun-likelihood and Bayesian parameter estimation. In: DudaRO,HartPE,StorkGD, editors. Pattern Classification,2nd ed. New York: Wiley, 2001; 115–116., , .
- 34Unsupervised learning and clustering. In: DudaRO,HartPE,StorkGD, editors. Pattern classification,2nd ed. New York, 2001; 526–527., , .