Conflict of interest: E.R. Mohler reports receiving honoria from Merck and BMS/Sanofi and research funding from GSK. R.L. Wilensky received research funding from GSK, Astra Zeneca and Boston Scientific and has equity interest in J&J. M. Yoder reports being co-founder and paid consultant for EndGenitor Technologies. None of the other authors report a potential conflict of interest.
Diabetes reduces bone marrow and circulating porcine endothelial progenitor cells, an effect ameliorated by atorvastatin and independent of cholesterol†
Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2008
Copyright © 2008 International Society for Advancement of Cytometry
Cytometry Part A
Volume 75A, Issue 1, pages 75–82, January 2009
How to Cite
Mohler, E. R., Shi, Y., Moore, J., Bantly, A., Hamamdzic, D., Yoder, M., Rader, D. J., Putt, M., Zhang, L., Parmacek, M. and Wilensky, R. L. (2009), Diabetes reduces bone marrow and circulating porcine endothelial progenitor cells, an effect ameliorated by atorvastatin and independent of cholesterol. Cytometry, 75A: 75–82. doi: 10.1002/cyto.a.20691
- Issue online: 16 DEC 2008
- Version of Record online: 2 DEC 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 5 NOV 2008
- Manuscript Revised: 14 OCT 2008
- Manuscript Received: 21 AUG 2008
- Pfizer Corporation
- 7Endothelial progenitor cells: Implications for cardiovascular disease. Cytometry A 2009; 75A: in press. DOI: 10.1002/cyto.a.20669 (this issue)., , , .
- 10Statin-induced improvement of endothelial progenitor cell mobilization, myocardial neovascularization, left ventricular function, and survival after experimental myocardial infarction requires endothelial nitric oxide synthase. Circulation 2004; 110: 1933–1939., , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 21Mouse hematopoietic stem cell identification and analysis. Cytometry A 2009; 75A. DOI: 10.1002/cyto.a.20674 (this issue)., , , .
- 25Applied Longitudinal Analysis. New York: Wiley-IEEE; 2004., , .
- 26Nonparametric Statistical Methods. New York: John Wiley; 1999., .