Real-time cell viability assays using a new anthracycline derivative DRAQ7®
Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
Copyright © 2012 International Society for Advancement of Cytometry
Cytometry Part A
Volume 83A, Issue 2, pages 227–234, February 2013
How to Cite
Akagi, J., Kordon, M., Zhao, H., Matuszek, A., Dobrucki, J., Errington, R., Smith, P. J., Takeda, K., Darzynkiewicz, Z. and Wlodkowic, D. (2013), Real-time cell viability assays using a new anthracycline derivative DRAQ7®. Cytometry, 83A: 227–234. doi: 10.1002/cyto.a.22228
- Issue published online: 28 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 16 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Accepted: 15 OCT 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 25 SEP 2012
- Manuscript Received: 24 JUL 2012
- NCN. Grant Number: UMO-2011/01/B/NZ3/00609
- EU structural funds. Grant Number: BMZ no. POIG.02.01.00-12-064/08
- EPSRC Basic technology. Grant Number: EP/F040954/1
- NCI CA RO1 28 704
- Faculty Research Development Fund, University of Auckland; Early Career Research Excellence Award, University of Auckland; Ministry of Science and Innovation (MSI), New Zealand
- On-Chip Biotechnologies Co., Ltd.
Additional Supporting Information may be found in the online version of this article.
|CYTO_22228_sm_SuppFig1.tiff||4027K||Supporting Information Figure 1. DRAQ7 at different concentrations reporting cell death. Images of cells grown in medium with a low concentration of serum (2%), in the presence of 3, 5 or 10 μM of DRAQ7. HeLa cells expressing the linker histone H1 tagged with eGFP were fixed with 4% formaldehyde and permeabilised with ethanol prior to adding DRAQ7.All frames were collected using the scan speed of 100 Hz. The brightness and contrast were adjusted. ? function was changed only in the fluorescence images of DRAQ7 (γ = 0.5). Scale bars: 10 μm.|
|CYTO_22228_sm_SuppFig2.tiff||4160K||Supporting Information Figure 2. DNA content frequency histograms of the untreated (Ctrl) and treated with 3 μM DRAQ7 A549 cells as expressed by DAPI (top panels) or DRAQ7 (bottom panels) integrated fluorescence intensity measured by LSC. To demonstrate a decline in intensity of DAPI fluorescence of cells long-term exposed to DRAQ7 unlike in figure 4 the fluorescence intensities of DAPI were plotted without electronic compensation (scale-up).|
|MIFlowCyt-Item-Location.doc||76K||Supporting Information: MIFlowCyt|
Please note: Wiley Blackwell is not responsible for the content or functionality of any supporting information supplied by the authors. Any queries (other than missing content) should be directed to the corresponding author for the article.