Automated REcognition of Tissue-associated Erythrocytes (ARETE)—a new tool in tissue cytometry
Article first published online: 11 FEB 2013
Copyright © 2013 International Society for Advancement of Cytometry
Cytometry Part A
Volume 83A, Issue 4, pages 363–374, April 2013
How to Cite
Heindl, A., Seewald, A. K., Thalhammer, T., Bises, G., Schepelmann, M., Uhrova, H., Dekan, S., Mesteri, I., Rogojanu, R. and Ellinger, I. (2013), Automated REcognition of Tissue-associated Erythrocytes (ARETE)—a new tool in tissue cytometry. Cytometry, 83A: 363–374. doi: 10.1002/cyto.a.22258
- Issue published online: 20 MAR 2013
- Article first published online: 11 FEB 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 23 DEC 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 26 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 10 AUG 2012
- FFG/Austria. Grant Number: Bridge-Project 818 094
- Hochschuljubiläumsstiftung. Grant Number: H-2490
- 2others. CellProfiler: Image analysis software for identifying and quantifying cell phenotypes. Genome Biol 2006; 7: R100., , , , , , , , , and
- 22do Carmo A. An improved and cost-effective methodology for the reduction of autofluorescence in direct immunofluorescence studies on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissues. Eur J Histochem 2007; 51: 59–66., , ,
- 23A semi-automatic method for quantification and classification of erythrocytes infected with malaria parasites in microscopic images. J Biomed Inform 2009; 42: 296–307., , .
- 25A Coefficient of Agreement for Nominal Scales. Educational and Psychological Measurement 1960; 20: 37–46..
- 26The equivalence of weighted kappa and the intraclass correlation coefficient as measures of reliability. Educ Psychol Meas 1973; 33: 6., .
- 28Towards a versatile automated cell-detection system for science and diagnostics. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2010; 2010: 3045–3048., , , .
- 312001. p I-511–I-518 vol.1., . Rapid object detection using a boosted cascade of simple features.
- 32Experiments with a New Boosting Algorithm. In International Conference on Machine Learning; 1996. p 148–156., .
- 332002. p I-900–I-903 vol.1., . An extended set of Haar-like features for rapid object detection.
- 34Chapter 7: Evaluation. In: Van Rijsbergen CJ, editor. Information Retrieval, 2nd ed. London: Butterworths; 1979. 208 pp..
- 36Chapter 18: The Measurement of Interrater Agreement. In: Shewart WA, Samuel S, Wilks SS, editors. Statistical Methods for Rates and Proportions, 3rd Ed. Wiley-Interscience; 2003; ISBN 9780471526292., , .
- 40A two-staged approach to vision-based pedestrian recognition using Haar and HOG features. Proc. of the IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, 4–6 June 2008. p 554–559., .
- 41Real-time Vision-based Hand Gesture Recognition Using Haar-like Features. Proc. of the Instrumentation and Measurement Technology Conference (IMTC), Warsaw, Poland, 1–3 May 2007. p 1–6., , .
- 42Detection of molecular particles in live cells via machine learning. Cytometry A 2007; 71: 563–575., , , .
- 45Red cell shapes. An illustrated classification and its rationale. Nouv Rev Fr Hematol 1972; 12: 721–745..
- 46Scaling to very very large corpora for natural language disambiguation. Proceedings of the 39th Annual Meeting on Association for Computational Linguistics. Toulouse, France: Association for Computational Linguistics; 2001. p 26–33., .
- 49A novel histological grading scheme for placental malaria applied in areas of high and low malaria transmission. J Infect Dis 2010; 202: 1608–1616., , , , , , .