Development of a new resilience scale: The Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale (CD-RISC)
Article first published online: 2 SEP 2003
© 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Depression and Anxiety
Volume 18, Issue 2, pages 76–82, September 2003
How to Cite
Connor, K. M. and Davidson, J. R.T. (2003), Development of a new resilience scale: The Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale (CD-RISC). Depress. Anxiety, 18: 76–82. doi: 10.1002/da.10113
- Issue published online: 2 SEP 2003
- Article first published online: 2 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 1 APR 2003
- Manuscript Received: 15 SEP 2002
- Smith Kline Beecham
- Pfizer Pharmaceuticals
- Pure World Botanicals, Inc.
- NIH. Grant Number: R01 MH56656-01A1
- 1998. The Endurance: Shackleton's legendary antarctic expedition. New York: Alfred A. Knopf. .
- 2000. Handbook of psychiatric measures. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association. .
- 1998. The SSRI antidepressants: exploring their “other” possible properties. J Affect Disorder 49:141–144. , , .
- 1989. The impact of military air disaster on the health of assistance workers. J Nerv Mental Dis 177:317–328. , , , .
- 2001. Development and validation of a College Resilience Questionnaire. Dissertation Abstracts International, A (Humanities and Social Sciences). vol 62, Jan 2001, 20025. .
- 1983. A global measure of perceived stress. J Health Soc Behav 24:386–396. , , .
- 1999. Fluoxetine in posttraumatic stress disorder: a randomized, placebo-controlled trial. Br J Psych 175:17–22. , , , , , .
- 1991. Behavioral correlates of sympathoadrenal reactivity: the toughness model. Med Sci Sports Med 23:846–852. .
- 1985. Stress resistant children: the search for protective factors. In: Recent research in developmental psychopathology, book suppl number 4 to J Child Psychol Psych. Oxford: Pergamon Press. .
- 1985. Acute stress reactions. In: MRutter, LHersob, editors. Child and adolescent psych: modern approaches. Oxford: Blackwell. , .
- 2000. Is neuroticism a modifiable risk factor for depression? Ir J Psych Med 17:41–42. .
- 1998. The clinical pharmacologic profile of reboxetine: does it involve the putative neurobiological substrates of wellbeing? J Affect Disord 51:313–322. , .
- 1987. Hardiness and health: a critique and alternative approach. J Personality Soc Psychol 53:518–530. , , .
- 1998. Resilience-recovery factors in post-traumatic stress disorder among female and male Vietnam veterans: hardiness, postwar social support, and additional stressful life events. J Personality Soc Psychol 74:420–434. , , , , .
- 1979. Stressful life events, personality, and health: an inquiry into hardiness. J Personality Soc Psychol 37:1–11. .
- 1991. Strategies for assessing the potential for positive adjustment following trauma. J Traumatic Stress 4:93–111. .
- 1994. Hardiness and mental health. J Pers Assess 63:265–274. , .
- 2000. The Arizona Sexual Experience Scale (ASEX): reliability and validity. J Sex Marital Therapy 26:25–40. , , , , .
- 2000. Plasma neuropeptide-Y concentrations in humans exposed to military survival training. Biol Psychiatry 47:902–909. , , , , , , .
- 2002. The development and validation of the R-PLA: a resiliency measure for people living with HIV/AIDS (immune deficiency). Dissertation Abstracts International: Section B: the Sciences and Engineering. vol 62, Mar 2002, 8443844. .
- 2002. Heroes in the nursery: three case studies in resilience. J Clin Psychol 58:247–260. .
- 1999. Hardiness and major personality factors. Psychol Rep 84:497–500. , , .
- 2002. The metatheory of resilience and resiliency. J Clin Psychol 58:307–321. .
- 1990. The resiliency model. Health Education 21:33–39. , , , .
- 1985. Resilience in the face of adversity: protective factors and resistance to psychiatric disorders. Br J Psych 147:598–611. .
- 2000. Positive psychology. Am Psychologist 55:5–14. , .
- 1983. The Anxiety Disease. New York: Bantam Books. .
- 1990. Is buspirone effective for panic disorder? J Clin Psychopharmacol 10:3–11. , , .
- 2000. Genes, environment and mental health wellness. Am J Psychiatry 157:489–491. .
- 1993. Development and psychometric validation of the Resilience Scale. J Nurs Meas 1:165–178. , .
- 2001. Hardiness: an examination of its relationship with positive and negative long-term changes following trauma. J Traumatic Stress 14:531–548. , , .
- 1992. Overcoming odds: high risk children from birth to adulthood. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press. , .