Dr. Otto serves as consultant for MicroTransponder, Inc. and receives royalties for some of the books mentioned in this review.
LET'S GET PHYSICAL: A CONTEMPORARY REVIEW OF THE ANXIOLYTIC EFFECTS OF EXERCISE FOR ANXIETY AND ITS DISORDERS
Article first published online: 8 JAN 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Depression and Anxiety
Volume 30, Issue 4, pages 362–373, April 2013
How to Cite
Asmundson, G. J. G., Fetzner, M. G., DeBoer, L. B., Powers, M. B., Otto, M. W. and Smits, J. A. J. (2013), LET'S GET PHYSICAL: A CONTEMPORARY REVIEW OF THE ANXIOLYTIC EFFECTS OF EXERCISE FOR ANXIETY AND ITS DISORDERS. Depress. Anxiety, 30: 362–373. doi: 10.1002/da.22043
Dr. Smits receives royalties for some of the books mentioned in this review.
- Issue published online: 10 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 8 JAN 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Revised: 17 NOV 2012
- Manuscript Received: 21 SEP 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 1A dynamic view of comorbid depression and generalized anxiety disorder symptom change in chronic heart failure: the discrete effects of cognitive behavioral therapy, exercise, and psychotropic medication, Disability and Rehabilitation, 2014, 1, , , ,
- 2Aerobic Exercise Reduces Symptoms of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Trial, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, 2014, 1, ,
- 3Effects of combined exercise and progesterone treatments on cocaine seeking in male and female rats, Psychopharmacology, 2014, 231, 18, 3787, , ,
- 4Exercise as an intervention for sedentary hazardous drinking college students: A pilot study, Mental Health and Physical Activity, 2014, 7, 1, 55, , , , ,
- 5Gender-specific associations between leisure-time physical activity and symptoms of anxiety: the HUNT study, Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology, 2014,, , ,
- 7Somatic, but not cognitive, symptoms of anxiety predict lower levels of physical activity in panic disorder patients, Journal of Affective Disorders, 2014, 164, 63, , , , ,
- 8The Effect of Tai Chi and Qigong practice on depression and anxiety symptoms: A systematic review and meta-regression analysis of randomized controlled trials, Mental Health and Physical Activity, 2014,, ,
- 10Meta-analysis: Aerobic exercise for the treatment of anxiety disorders, Progress in Neuro-Psychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry, 2013, 45, 34, , ,