The author is a freelance medical writer who writes “Rx Report” for D&T, and is a clinical pharmacist at New York Downtown Hospital. She is based in New York City.
Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2010
Copyright © 2010 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Dialysis & Transplantation
Volume 39, Issue 8, pages 358–359, August 2010
How to Cite
(2010), Rx report. Dial. Transplant., 39: 358–359. doi: 10.1002/dat.20467
- Issue online: 18 AUG 2010
- Version of Record online: 18 AUG 2010
- 1Novartis receives US FDA approval for Zortress (everolimus) to prevent organ rejection in adult kidney transplant recipients. Published April 22, 2010. Available at: www.novartis.com/newsroom/media-releases/en/2010/1406625.shtml. Accessed April 22, 2010. Michele B.Kaufman, PharmD, BSc, RPh Pharmaceutical news and updates for renal care providers 358 Dialysis & Transplantation August 2010 DOI: 10.1002/dat.20467
- 2FDA approves Oravig. Published April 16, 2010. Available at: www.drugs.com/oravig.html. Accessed May 10, 2010.
- 3Takeda submits new drug application for azilsartan medoxomil in the U.S., an investigational compound for the treatment of hypertension. Published April 28, 2010. Available at: www.takeda.com/press/article_36086.html. Accessed May 5, 2010.
- 4Bristol-Myers Squibb receives complete response letter from FDA for belatacept. Published May 1, 2010. Available at: www.bms.com/news/press_releases/Pages/default.aspx. Accessed May 5, 2010.
- 5Human Genome Sciences and GlaxoSmithKline announce Topline 76-week results of phase 3 trial of Benlysta in systemic lupus erythematosus. Published April 20, 2010. Available at: www.hgsi.com/latest/human-genome-sciences-and-glaxosmithkline-announce-2.html. Accessed May 10, 2010.
- 6Keryx Biopharmaceuticals initiates phase 3 registration program of Zenerex (ferric citrate) for the treatment of patients with hyperphosphatemia. Published May 7, 2010. Available at: www.medicalnewstoday.com/printerfirendlynews.php?news0d=187995. Accessed May 11, 2010.
- 7Once Daily Lixisenatide (AVE 0010) given as monotherapy successfully meets phase III study endpoints in diabetes. Published April 15, 2010. Available at: en.sanofi-aventis.com/binaries/20100415_AVE010_en_tcm28-28083.pdf. Accessed May 11, 2010.
- 8Affymax announces self-imposed quiet period as the company analyzes phase 3 results for Hematide/peginesatide. Published April 22, 2010. Available at: www.investors.affymax.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=462594. Accessed May 10, 2010.
- 9Ipsen's partner Roche announces that taspoglutide meets its primary endpoint in a key phase III clinical trial. Published April 29, 2010. Available at: www.ipsen.com/sites/default/files/communiques-presse/PR%2029042010%20TE-3.pdf. Accessed May 5, 2010.
- 10Immunesuppressing drug helps black kidney transplant patients more than whites. Published April 14, 2010. Available at: www.kidney.org/news/newsroom/nr/Immune-Suppressing.cfm. Accessed May 11, 2010., .