Portions of this work were presented at the Annual Meetings of the American Society of Cytopathology, November 2010 (Boston MA) and November 2011 Baltimore MD).
Follicular lesion of undetermined significance in thyroid FNA revisited
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 18–22, January 2014
How to Cite
Walts, A. E., Mirocha, J. and Bose, S. (2014), Follicular lesion of undetermined significance in thyroid FNA revisited. Diagn. Cytopathol., 42: 18–22. doi: 10.1002/dc.23019
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 7 MAY 2013
- Manuscript Received: 20 NOV 2012
- 4The Bethesda system for reporting thyroid cytopathology. Definitions, criteria, and explanatory notes. New York: Springer, 2010., .
- 5The indeterminate thyroid fine-needle aspiration: experience from an academic center using terminology similar to that proposed in the 2007 National Cancer Institute Thyroid Fine Needle Aspiration State of the Science Conference. Cancer Cytopathol 2009;117:195–202., .
- 11The Bethesda system for reporting thyroid fine needle aspiration cytology: A study comparing the results of two centers from two different countries. Ann Pahol 2012;32:e29–e34, 415–420., .
- 17Atypia of undetermined significance: Institutional experience with the Bethesda System. CytoJournal 2011;8:S65., , , .
- 18Review of the National cancer institute/Bethesda terminology system for thyroid cytology specimens: The New York university experience, with special focus on the indeterminate category follicular lesion of undetermined significance. CytoJournal 2011;8:S61., , , , , .
- 24Subclassification of atypical cells of undetermined significance in direct smears of fine-needle aspirations of the thyroid: Distinct patterns and associated risk of malignancy. Cancer Cytopathol 2011;119:322–327..
- 25Fine-needle aspiration of follicular patterned lesions of the thyroid: Diagnosis, management, and follow-up according to National Cancer Institute Recommendations. Diagn Cytopathol 2010;38:731–739., .