Cytomorphologic and molecular features of hobnail variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma: Case series and literature review
Article first published online: 1 AUG 2013
Copyright © 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 42, Issue 1, pages 78–84, January 2014
How to Cite
Asioli, S., Maletta, F., Pagni, F., Pacchioni, D., Vanzati, A., Mariani, S., Palestini, N., Lloyd, R. V. and Sapino, A. (2014), Cytomorphologic and molecular features of hobnail variant of papillary thyroid carcinoma: Case series and literature review. Diagn. Cytopathol., 42: 78–84. doi: 10.1002/dc.23028
- Issue published online: 26 DEC 2013
- Article first published online: 1 AUG 2013
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2013
- Manuscript Revised: 30 APR 2013
- Manuscript Received: 17 DEC 2012
- Italian Ministry of University (ex-60%), Ricerca Sanitaria Finalizzata Piedmont Region
- 1Papillary thyroid carcinoma with prominent hobnail features: A new aggressive variant of moderately differentiated papillary carcinoma. A clinicopathologic, immunohistochemical, and molecular study of eight cases. Am J Surg Pathol 2010;34:44–52., , , et al.
- 5Cytological features of clear cell thyroid tumors, including a papillary thyroid carcinoma with prominent hobnail features. Diagn Cytopathol, 2012 Nov 16. doi: 10.1002/dc.22935. [Epub ahead of print]., , .
- 6British Thyroid Association, Royal College of Physicians. Fine needle aspiration cytology. In: Perros P, editor. Guidelines for the management of thyroid cancer. Report of the Thyroid Cancer Guidelines Update Group. 2nd ed. London: Royal College of Physicians; 2007. p 9–10.
- 10Breast carcinoma with an unexpected inside out pattern. Rotation of polarization associated with angioinvasion. Pathol Res Pract 1993;189:780..
- 13American Joint Committee on Cancer. AJCC cancer staging manual. 7th ed. New York: Springer; 2010.
- 17Tumors of the thyroid gland. Atlas of tumor pathology. Third Series. Fascicle 5. Washington, DC: Armed Forces Institute of Pathology; 1992., , .
- 18Guides to clinical aspiration biopsy thyroid. 2nd ed. New York: Igaku-Shoin; 1996..
- 21Surface epithelial-stromal tumours. In: Tavassoli FA, Devillee P, editors. World Health Organization classification of tumours. Pathology and genetics. Tumours of the breast and female genital organs. Lyon, France: IARC Press; 2003.p 117–145., , , et al.