Clinical Strategy Review
Medical Management of the Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Incident
Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2013
© 2013 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Drug Development Research
Special Issue: Radiation Drugs: A Hot Topic. An update on radiological countermeasures following the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster. Part II
Volume 75, Issue 1, pages 3–9, February 2014
How to Cite
Hachiya, M., Tominaga, T., Tatsuzaki, H. and Akashi, M. (2014), Medical Management of the Consequences of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant Incident. Drug Dev. Res., 75: 3–9. doi: 10.1002/ddr.21161
- Issue online: 14 JAN 2014
- Version of Record online: 26 DEC 2013
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). 2010. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Hospital evacuation decision guide, AHRQ Publication No.10-0009, May 2010.
- 2001. Initial symptoms of acute radiation syndrome in the JCO criticality accident in Tokai-mura. J Radiat Res 42 (Suppl.):S157–S166. , , , , , , , , , , et al.
- 2010. Concerns of disaster medical assistance team (DMAT) members about troubles at the nuclear power plant: Experience from the Niigata– Chuetsu–Oki earthquake, 16 July 2007, in Japan. Health Phys 98:804–809. , , , .
- Armed Forces Radiobiology Research Institute (AFRRI). 1999. Medical management of radiological casualties. McLean, VA, International Medical Publishing, Inc.
- 2013. External factors impacting hospital evacuations caused by hurricane Rita: the role of situational awareness. Prehosp Disaster Med 28:264–271. , , .
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). 2006. Manual for first Responders to a radiological emergency. Vienna, Austria, IAEA.
- 1982. Hospital organizational response to the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island: implications for future-oriented disaster planning. Am J Public Health 72:275–279. .
- Ministry of Economy, Trade, and Industry (METI). 2011. Evaluation of the Status of Reactor Cores in Units 1–3 of the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant (in Japanese). Tokyo, Japan, METI. http://www.meti.go.jp/press/2011/10/20111020001/20111020001.html Accessed 26 June 2013.
- National Police Agency (NPA). 2011. Damage Situation and Police Countermeasures Associated with 2011Tohoku District: Off the Pacific Ocean Earthquake (in Japanese). Tokyo, Japan, NPA. http://www.npa.go.jp/archive/keibi/biki/higaijokyo.pdf Accessed 25 June 2013.
- 2012. Loss of life after evacuation: lessons learned from the Fukushima accident. Lancet 379:889–891. , , , , .
- Tokyo Electric Power Company (TEPCO). 2012. The Great East Japan Earthquake and current status of nuclear power stations. Tokyo, Japan, TEPCO. http://www.tepco.co.jp/en/nu/fukushima-np/f1/images/f12np-gaiyou_e_1.pdf Accessed 24 June 2013.