Hearing impaired (HI) support services and caseload prioritisation
Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Deafness & Education International
Volume 11, Issue 1, pages 2–20, March 2009
How to Cite
Rodd, C. and Young, A. (2009), Hearing impaired (HI) support services and caseload prioritisation. Deafness Educ. Int., 11: 2–20. doi: 10.1002/dei.254
- Issue published online: 5 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 24 FEB 2009
- Every Child Matters: Can educational psychology contribute to radical reform? Educational Psychology in Practice 2005; 21 (2): 87–102. DOI: 10.1080/ 02667360500128697. ,
- Allocation of Support Levels to Hearing Impaired Children—moving away from audiometric descriptors. Deafness and Education International 2003; 5 (3): 167–183. DOI: 10.1001/dei.155.
- British Council of Disabled People (2005). Manifesto. Available: http://www.bcodp.org.uk/library/BCODP%20Manifesto.pdf [18 November 2008].
- Children's Workforce Development Council (2007). Common Assessment Framework for children and young people: practitioners' guide. Integrated working to improve outcomes for children and young people. Available: http://publications.everychildmatters.gov.uk/eOrderingDownload/0337-2006BKT-EN.pdf [18 November 2008].
- 1985). Working with Parents: Frameworks for Collaboration. Milton Keynes: Open University Press. , (
- Department for Children, Schools and Families/Department of Health (2008a). Definition of lead professional. Available: http://www.earlysupport.org.uk/decWorkingZone/modResourcesLibrary/HtmlRenderer/Whats%20in%20a%20name.html [18 November 2008].
- Department for Children, Schools and Families/Department of Health (2008b). Skills for the lead professional role. Available: http://www.earlysupport.org.uk/decWorkingZone/modResourcesLibrary/HtmlRenderer/Knowledge%20and%20skills%20needed.html [18 November 2008].
- Department for Education and Skills. Every Child Matters. Government Green Paper. London: The Stationery Office, 2003.
- Department for Education and Skills. Children Act. London: The Stationery Office, 2004.
- Department for Education and Skills. Children's Workforce Strategy. A strategy to build a world class workforce for children and young people. Nottingham: DfES, 2005a.
- Department for Education and Skills (2005b). Common Assessment Framework for children and young people: Guide for service managers and practitioners. Available: http://www.everychildmatters.gov.uk/deliveringservices/caf/ [18 November 2008].
- Department for Education and Skills/Department of Health. The Early Support Service Audit Tool. Nottingham: DfES, 2004a.
- Department for Education and Skills/Department of Health. Early Support Professional Guidance. Nottingham: DfES, 2004b.
- Department of Health/Department for Education and Employment. Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families. London: Home Office, 2000.
- Early Support Website (2008). Available: http://www.earlysupport.org.uk [18 November 2008].
- Understanding Deaf Culture: In Search of Deafhood. Clevedon: Multilingual Matters, 2003.
- The impact of the national Newborn Hearing Screening Programme on educational services in England. Deafness and Education International 2005; 7 (4): 179–194. , , , ,
- Early Intervention and Language development in Children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing. Pediatrics 2000; 106 (3)September: 43.
- The Politics of Disablement (Critical Texts in Social Work and the Welfare State). Basingstoke: Macmillan, 1990.
- Questionnaire design, interviewing and attitude measurement. London: Continuum, 2000.
- Real World Research: A Resource for Social Scientists and Practitioner-Researchers. Oxford: Blackwell, 1993.
- Doing qualitative research. A practical handbook. London: Sage, 2000.
- 2001). Weighting and Banding Criteria. Magazine of the British Association of Teachers of the Deaf Sept/Oct: 13. (
- World Health Organisation Website (2001). International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health. Available: http://www.who.int/classifications/icf/en/ [18 November 2008].
- Universal Newborn Hearing Screening Programs and Developmental Outcomes. Audiological Medicine 2003; 1: 199–206.
- Disabled Children (0–3 years) and integrated services—the impact of Early Support. Health and Social Care in the Community 2008a; 16 (3) May: 222–233. , , , ,
- The impact of integrated Children's Services on the scope, delivery and quality of social care services for deaf children and families. London: NDCS, 2008b. , ,