A systematic review of interventions to enhance the healing of chronic ulcers of the foot in diabetes
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2012
Copyright © 2012 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews
Supplement: Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on the Diabetic Foot, May 10–14, 2011, Noordwijkerhout, The Netherlands
Volume 28, Issue Supplement S1, pages 119–141, February 2012
How to Cite
Game, F. L., Hinchliffe, R. J., Apelqvist, J., Armstrong, D. G., Bakker, K., Hartemann, A., Löndahl, M., Price, P. E. and Jeffcoate, W. J. (2012), A systematic review of interventions to enhance the healing of chronic ulcers of the foot in diabetes. Diabetes Metab. Res. Rev., 28: 119–141. doi: 10.1002/dmrr.2246
- Issue published online: 23 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2012
- Manuscript Received: 11 OCT 2011
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 OCT 2011
- 4Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network 50: A guideline developer's handbook. http://www.sign.ac.uk/guidelines/fulltext/50/section6.html Accessed 6th February 2011.
- 14The role of hyperbaric oxygen therapy in ischaemic diabetic lower extremity ulcers: a double-blind randomised-controlled trial. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 2004; 27: 513–518., , , et al.
- 15Treatment of diabetic foot infection with hyperbaric oxygen. Int J Low Wounds 2010; 9: 10–15., , , .
- 22Negative-pressure wound therapy versus standard wound dressing in the treatment of diabetic foot amputation. A randomised controlled trial. Cirurg Espanola 2009; 86: 171–177., , , et al.
- 26A phase II study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of recombinant human epidermal growth factor (REGEN-D ™ 150) in healing diabetic foot ulcers. Wounds 2006; 18: 186–196., , , .
- 27Intra-lesional injections of recombinant human epidermal growth factor promote granulation and healing in advanced diabetic foot ulcers: multicenter, randomised, placebo-controlled, double-blind study. Int Wound J 2009; 6: 432–443., , , et al.
- 31Randomized comparative trial of a collagen/oxidized regenerated cellulose dressing in the treatment of neuropathic diabetic foot ulcers. Cirurg Espanola 2007; 82: 27–31., , , , .
- 35Clinical effectiveness of an acellular dermal regenerative tissue matrix compared to standard wound management in healing diabetic foot ulcers: a prospective, randomised, multicentre study. Int Wound J 2009; 6: 196–208., , , et al.
- 44Frequency rhythmic electrical modulation system in the treatment of diabetic ulcers. Chirurgia 2008; 21: 311–314., , , .
- 49Effects of iloprost (a prostacyclin analogue) on the endothelial function and foot ulcers in diabetic patients with peripheral arterial disease. Int J Diabetes Metab 2008; 16: 7–11., , , .
- 51Clinical applications of oral form of ANGIPARSTM and in combination with topical form as a new treatment for diabetic foot ulcers: a randomized controlled trial. DARU 2008; 16(Suppl 1): S41–48., , , et al.
- 52Effects of intravenous Semelil (ANGIPARS™) on diabetic foot ulcers healing: a multicenter clinical trial. DARU 2008; 16(Suppl 1): S35–40., , , et al.
- 53Debridement of diabetic foot ulcers. Cochrane Syst Rev 2010: Issue 1, Art. No.: CD003556., .
- 54NICE clinical guidelines. Diabetic foot problems: inpatient management of diabetic foot problems. Prepublication check http//www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/11989/52429/52429.pd Accessed 6th February 2011