Identification of Drosophila type II neuroblast lineages containing transit amplifying ganglion mother cells
Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2008
Copyright © 2008 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 68, Issue 9, pages 1185–1195, August 2008
How to Cite
Boone, J. Q. and Doe, C. Q. (2008), Identification of Drosophila type II neuroblast lineages containing transit amplifying ganglion mother cells. Devel Neurobio, 68: 1185–1195. doi: 10.1002/dneu.20648
- Issue online: 9 JUL 2008
- Version of Record online: 11 JUN 2008
- Manuscript Accepted: 3 APR 2008
- Manuscript Received: 10 JAN 2008
- NSF IGERT (pre-doctoral training grant)
- 2006. The brain tumor gene negatively regulates neural progenitor cell proliferation in the larval central brain of Drosophila. Development 133: 2639–2648. , , .
- 2003. A pulse of the Drosophila Hox protein Abdominal-A schedules the end of neural proliferation via neuroblast apoptosis. Neuron 37: 209–219. , , .
- 2008. Amplification of neural stem cell proliferation by intermediate progenitor cells in Drosophila brain development. Neural Dev 3: 5. , , , .
- 2006. Asymmetric segregation of the tumor suppressor brat regulates self-renewal in Drosophila neural stem cells. Cell 124: 1241–1253. , , .
- 1992. Deadpan,an essential pan-neural gene in Drosophila, encodes a helix-loop-helix protein similar to the hairy gene product. Genes Dev 6: 2137–2151. , , , , .
- The tumor suppressors brat and numb regulate transit-amplifying neuroblast lineages in Drosophila. Dev Cell 14: 535–546. , , , , , .
- 2007. Asymmetric stem cell division in development and cancer. Prog Mol Subcell Biol 45: 205–225. , .
- 2001. Patterns of cell division and expression of asymmetric cell fate determinants in postembryonic neuroblast lineages of Drosophila. Dev Biol 230: 125–138. , , .
- 2006. Prospero acts as a binary switch between self-renewal and differentiation in Drosophila neural stem cells. Dev Cell 11: 775–789. , , , , , , , et al.
- Neural stem cells: Balancing self-renewal with differentiation. Development 135: 1575–1587. .
- 1993. Embryonic development of the Drosophila central nervous system. In: BateM,Martinez AriasA, editors. The Development of Drosophila melanogaster. New York: Cold Spring Harbor Press, pp 1131–1207. , .
- 1979. Embryonic development of identified neurones: Differentiation from neuroblast to neurone. Nature 280: 208–214. , .
- 1995. Asymmetric segregation of the homeodomain protein Prospero during Drosophila development. Nature 377: 627–630. , , , .
- 1995. Asymmetric segregation of Numb and Prospero during cell division. Nature 377: 624–627. , , .
- 2006a. Drosophila Aurora-A kinase inhibits neuroblast self-renewal by regulating aPKC/Numb cortical polarity and spindle orientation. Genes Dev 20: 3464–3474. , , , , , , , et al.
- 2006b. Lgl. Pins and a PKC regulate neuroblast self-renewal versus differentiation. Nature 439: 594–598. , , .
- 2006c. Brat is a Miranda cargo protein that promotes neuronal differentiation and inhibits neuroblast self-renewal. Dev Cell 10: 441–449. , , , , .
- 1999. Mosaic analysis with a repressible cell marker for studies of gene function in neuronal morphogenesis. Neuron 22: 451–461. , .
- 2000. Pan-neural Prospero terminates cell proliferation during Drosophila neurogenesis. Genes Dev 14: 147–151. , .
- 2006. Asymmetric and symmetric stem-cell divisions in development and cancer. Nature 441: 1068–1074. , .
- 2007. Functional identification of the actual and potential stem cell compartments in mouse spermatogenesis. Dev Cell 12: 195–206. , , .
- 2003. Drosophila perlecan modulates FGF and hedgehog signals to activate neural stem cell division. Dev Biol 253: 247–257. , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Regulation of neuroblast competence in Drosophila. Nature 425: 624–628. , .
- 2006. Neural lineages of the Drosophila brain: A three-dimensional digital atlas of the pattern of lineage location and projection at the late larval stage. J Neurosci 26: 5534–5553. , .
- 1995. The prospero transcription factor is asymmetrically localized to the cell cortex during neuroblast mitosis in Drosophila. Development 121: 3187–3195. , .
- 2007. Filling the gap between identified neuroblasts and neurons in crustaceans adds new support for Tetraconata Proc Biol Sci 275: 369–376. , .
- 2000. The pan-neural bHLH proteins DEADPAN and ASENSE regulate mitotic activity and cdk inhibitor dacapo expression in the Drosophila larval optic lobes. Genesis 26: 77–85. , , .
- 2006. Aurora-A acts as a tumor suppressor and regulates self-renewal of Drosophila neuroblasts. Genes Dev 20: 3453–3463. , , , , , .
- Drosophila Activin and the Activin-like product Dawdle function redundantly to regulate proliferation in the Drosophila larval brain. Development 135: 513–521. , , , , , , , et al.