Facilitated intracellular transport of TrkA by an interaction with nerve growth factor
Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2011
Copyright © 2011 Wiley Periodicals, Inc.
Volume 71, Issue 7, pages 634–649, July 2011
How to Cite
Nomura, M., Nagai, T., Harada, Y. and Tani, T. (2011), Facilitated intracellular transport of TrkA by an interaction with nerve growth factor. Devel Neurobio, 71: 634–649. doi: 10.1002/dneu.20879
- Issue online: 10 JUN 2011
- Version of Record online: 10 JUN 2011
- Accepted manuscript online: 10 FEB 2011 09:37AM EST
- Manuscript Accepted: 29 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Revised: 14 JAN 2011
- Manuscript Received: 15 NOV 2010
- Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST)
- Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS)
- 2000. C-terminal inhibition of tau assembly in vitro and in Alzheimer's disease. J Cell Sci 113 (Part 21): 3737–3745. , , , , , , .
- 2009. Anterograde transport of TrkB in axons is mediated by direct interaction with Slp1 and Rab27. Dev Cell 16: 675–686. , , , , , , , et al.
- 2009. Axonal targeting of Trk receptors via transcytosis regulates sensitivity to neurotrophin responses. J Neurosci 29: 11674–11685. , , , .
- 2007. Dynactin enhances the processivity of kinesin-2. Traffic 8: 124–129. , .
- 1991. The low-affinity p75 nerve growth factor (NGF) receptor mediates NGF-induced tyrosine phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 88: 7106–7110. , , , .
- 1992. K-252a inhibits nerve growth factor-induced trk proto-oncogene tyrosine phosphorylation and kinase activity. J Biol Chem 267: 13–16. , , , .
- 1993. Phosphorylation of Ser262 strongly reduces binding of tau to microtubules: Distinction between PHF-like immunoreactivity and microtubule binding. Neuron 11: 153–163. , , , , .
- 1999. The development of cell processes induced by tau protein requires phosphorylation of serine 262 and 356 in the repeat domain and is inhibited by phosphorylation in the proline-rich domains. Mol Biol Cell 10: 727–740. , .
- 1997. Regulated phosphorylation and dephosphorylation of tau protein: Effects on microtubule interaction, intracellular trafficking and neurodegeneration. Biochem J 323 (Part 3): 577–591. , .
- 1999. Protein interactions with the glucose transporter binding protein GLUT1CBP that provides a link between GLUT1 and the cytoskeleton. Mol Biol Cell 10: 819–832. , , .
- 2004. Nerve growth factor signaling regulates motility and docking of axonal mitochondria. Curr Biol 14: 1272–1276. , .
- 1954. A nerve growth-stimulating factor isolated from sarcom as 37 and 180. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 40: 1014–1018. , , .
- 2007. One at a time, live tracking of NGF axonal transport using quantum dots. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 104: 13666–13671. , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. NGF signaling in sensory neurons: Evidence that early endosomes carry NGF retrograde signals. Neuron 39: 69–84. , , , , , .
- 1985. Nerve growth factor-induced neurite outgrowth in PC12 cells involves the coordinate induction of microtubule assembly and assembly-promoting factors. J Cell Biol 101: 1799–1807. , , , .
- 1986. Tau protein function in living cells. J Cell Biol 103: 2739–2746. , .
- 2007. Quantitative single particle tracking of NGF-receptor complexes: Transport is bidirectional but biased by longer retrograde run lengths. FEBS Lett 581: 2905–2913. , , , , .
- 2005. Growth and survival signals controlling sympathetic nervous system development. Annu Rev Neurosci 28: 191–222. , .
- 2000. Microtubule-based transport systems in neurons: The roles of kinesins and dyneins. Annu Rev Neurosci 23: 39–71. , .
- 1997. A signaling organelle containing the nerve growth factor-activated receptor tyrosine kinase. Trk A Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 9909–9914. , , .
- 1994. Competition between motor molecules (kinesin and cytoplasmic dynein) and fibrous microtubule-associated proteins in binding to microtubules. J Biol Chem 269: 3581–3589. , , , .
- 1991. High-affinity NGF binding requires coexpression of the trk proto-oncogene and the low-affinity NGF receptor. Nature 350: 678–683. , , , , .
- 2000. Intracelluar dynamics of a high affinity NGF receptor TrkA in PC12 cell. Biol Pharm Bull 23: 1097–1099. , , .
- 1996. Centractin (ARP1) associates with spectrin revealing a potential mechanism to link dynactin to intracellular organelles. J Cell Biol 135: 1815–1829. , , , .
- 2001. Neurotrophins: Roles in neuronal development and function. Annu Rev Neurosci 24: 677–736. , .
- 2003. Trk receptors: Roles in neuronal signal transduction. Annu Rev Biochem 72: 609–642. , .
- 2003. Trafficking of TrkA-green fluorescent protein chimerae during nerve growth factor-induced differentiation. J Biol Chem 278: 8706–8716. , , , , , .
- 2002. Principles of cargo attachment to cytoplasmic motor proteins. Curr Opin Cell Biol 14: 63–68. , .
- 1991. The trk proto-oncogene product: A signal transducing receptor for nerve growth factor. Science 252: 554–558. , , , , .
- 1997. Signal transduction by the neurotrophin receptors. Curr Opin Cell Biol 9: 213–221. , .
- 2000. Dynactin increases the processivity of the cytoplasmic dynein motor. Nat Cell Biol 2: 20–24. , .
- 1991. The trk proto-oncogene encodes a receptor for nerve growth factor. Cell 65: 189–197. , , , , .
- 2010. Tau potentiates nerve growth factor-induced mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling and neurite initiation without a requirement for microtubule binding. J Biol Chem 285: 19125–19134. , .
- 1987. The nerve growth factor 35 years later. Science 237: 1154–1162. .
- 1951. Selective growth stimulating effects of mouse sarcoma on the sensory and sympathetic nervous system of the chick embryo. J Exp Zool 116: 321–361. , .
- 1996. Physiology of the neurotrophins. Annu Rev Neurosci 19: 289–317. , .
- 2001. GIPC and GAIP form a complex with TrkA: A putative link between G protein and receptor tyrosine kinase pathways. Mol Biol Cell 12: 615–627. , , , , .
- 1994. Retrograde axonal transport and lesion-induced upregulation of the TrkA high-affinity NGF receptor. Exp Neurol 130: 377–386. , , , , .
- 1994. High affinity nerve growth factor binding displays a faster rate of association than p140trk binding. Implications for multi-subunit polypeptide receptors. J Biol Chem 269: 6884–6891. , , , .
- 2001. On Trk for retrograde signaling. Neuron 32: 767–770. , .
- 2001. Dynactin-dependent, dynein-driven vesicle transport in the absence of membrane proteins: A role for spectrin and acidic phospholipids. Mol Cell 7: 173–183. , , , , , .
- 2004. Localization accuracy in single-molecule microscopy. Biophys J 86: 1185–1200. , , .
- 2007. Precise particle tracking against a complicated background: Polynomial fitting with Gaussian weight. Phys Biol 4: 220–227. , , , .
- 2006. Processive bidirectional motion of dynein-dynactin complexes in vitro. Nat Cell Biol 8: 562–570. , , , , .
- 1996. Microtubule-associated proteins regulate microtubule function as the track for intracellular membrane organelle transports. Cell Struct Funct 21: 283–295. , , , , .
- 1991. Two activators of microtubule-based vesicle transport. J Cell Biol 115: 1309–1318. , .
- 2006. Formation of signal transduction complexes during immobile phase of NGFR movements. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 342: 316–322. , , , , .
- 2005. Trafficking of a ligand-receptor complex on the growth cones as an essential step for the uptake of nerve growth factor at the distal end of the axon: A single-molecule analysis. J Neurosci 25: 2181–2191. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Precise nanometer localization analysis for individual fluorescent probes. Biophys J 82: 2775–2783. , , .
- 1999. Tau regulates the attachment/detachment but not the speed of motors in microtubule-dependent transport of single vesicles and organelles. J Cell Sci 112 (Part 14): 2355–2367. , , , .
- 2008. Mitochondrial membrane potential in axons increases with local nerve growth factor or semaphorin signaling. J Neurosci 28: 8306–8315. , .
- 1995. The p150Glued component of the dynactin complex binds to both microtubules and the actin-related protein centractin (Arp-1). Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 92: 1634–1638. , , .
- 1997. The interaction between cytoplasmic dynein and dynactin is required for fast axonal transport. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 94: 12180–12185. , , , , , , .
- 2004. Mechanisms of neurotrophin receptor vesicular transport. J Neurobiol 58: 244–257. , .
- 2001. Association of Trk neurotrophin receptors with components of the cytoplasmic dynein motor. J Neurosci 21: RC125. , , , , , , , et al.
- 2003. Myosin V walks hand-over-hand: Single fluorophore imaging with 1.5-nm localization. Science 300: 2061–2065. , , , , , .
- 1998. Nerve growth factor processing and trafficking events following TrkA-mediated endocytosis. Endocrinology 139: 3232–3240. , .
- 2005. Functions and mechanisms of retrograde neurotrophin signalling. Nat Rev Neurosci 6: 615–625. , , .