Current Awareness in Drug Testing and Analysis
Article first published online: 11 MAR 2010
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Drug Testing and Analysis
Volume 2, Issue 2, pages 91–106, February 2010
How to Cite
(2010), Current Awareness in Drug Testing and Analysis. Drug Test Analysis, 2: 91–106. doi: 10.1002/dta.61
- Issue published online: 11 MAR 2010
- Article first published online: 11 MAR 2010
- 1. Reviews
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 399 Perspective: Proteomic approach to detect biomarkers of human growth hormone. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 388 Surface plasmon resonance immunoassays - A perspective. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 346 Moving one step closer to catching the GH cheats: The GH-2004 experience. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 1 An assessment of sensing technologies for the detection of clandestine methamphetamine drug laboratories. .
- 2. Sports doping - General
- J Anal Chem Engl Tr 2009 64, 832 Simultaneous determination of a broad spectrum of nonconjugated xenobiotics by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. .
- 3. Steroids
- Int J Mass Spectrom 2009 285, 58 Statistical analysis of fragmentation patterns of electron ionization mass spectra of enolized-trimethylsilylated anabolic androgenic steroids. .
- Biosens Bioelectron 2009 24, 3562 A sensitive voltammetric sensor for determination of synthetic corticosteroid triamcinolone, abused for doping. .
- Steroids 2009 74, 837 Detection and structural investigation of metabolites of stanozolol in human urine by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. .
- J Chromatogr B 2009 877, 2321 Validation and performance comparison of two carbon isotope ratio methods to control the misuse of androgens in humans. .
- J Food Sci 2009 74, T67 Development of a solid-phase extraction-enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the determination of 17β-19-nortestosterone levels in antifatigue functional foods. .
- 4. Peptides
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 369 Detection of GH abuse in sport: Past, present and future. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 361 Statistical issues in implementing the marker method. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 383 Detection of growth hormone responsive proteins using SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 357 Laboratory issues in the implementation of the marker method. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 408 IGF-I abuse in sport: Current knowledge and future prospects for detection. .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 352 20K-GH and its use in detecting GH abuse. .
- Am J Hematol 2009 84, 755 Modification of gene expression: Help to detect doping with erythropoiesis-stimulating agents (Letter). .
- Growth Horm IGF Res 2009 19, 366 Overview of the legal framework applicable to the marker method for the detection of human growth hormone. .
- 5. Diuretics
- J Chromatogr A 2009 1216, 5819 Qualitative detection of diuretics and acidic metabolites of other doping agents in human urine by high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry: Comparison between liquid-liquid extraction and direct injection. .
- 7. Equine
- Anal Bioanal Chem 2009 394, 2119 Development of a metabonomic approach based on LC-ESI-HRMS measurements for profiling of metabolic changes induced by recombinant equine growth hormone in horse urine. .
- 8. Recreational drugs - General
- Clin Chem Lab Med 2009 47, 854 Therapeutic drug monitoring and drugs of abuse testing on the cobas® 6000 analyzer series: Analytical performance under routine-like conditions. .
- Electrophoresis 2009 30, 2583 Analysis of multiple abused drugs and hypnotics in urine by sweeping CE. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 356 Comprehensive analysis of drugs of abuse in urine using disposable pipette extraction. .
- J Chromatogr A 2009 1216, 6587 Application of Snyder-Dolan classification scheme to the selection of “orthogonal” columns for fast screening of illicit drugs and impurity profiling of pharmaceuticals - I. Isocratic elution. .
- J Chromatogr B 2009 877, 1743 Optimization of a rapid microwave-assisted extraction method for the simultaneous determination of opiates, cocaine and their metabolites in human hair. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 88 Cocaine and heroin in waste water plants: A 1-year study in the city of Florence, Italy. .
- Analyst 2009 134, 1834 Disposable microfluidic device with ultraviolet detection for highly resolved screening of illicit drugs. .
- Anal Bioanal Chem 2009 395, 819 Analysis of drugs of abuse in wastewater by hydrophilic interaction liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 100 The spectroscopic detection of drugs of abuse on textile fibres after recovery with adhesive lifters. .
- 9. Stimulants
- Addiction 2009 104, 1874 The spatial epidemiology of cocaine, methamphetamine and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA) use: A demonstration using a population measure of community drug load derived from municipal wastewater. .
- Electrophoresis 2009 30, 2238 Simple method for determination of cocaine and main metabolites in urine by CE coupled to MS. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 24 Pharmacokinetics of disappearance of cocaine from hair after discontinuation of drug use. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 343 Considerations on the utility of hair analysis for cocaine (Letter). .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 190, 16 Distribution of methamphetamine and amphetamine in drug abusers' head hair. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 54 Detection of cocaine and its metabolites in urine using solid phase extraction-ion mobility spectrometry with alternating least squares. .
- Anal Chem 2009 81, 7081 Determination of cocaine in human plasma by selective solid-phase extraction using an aptamer-based sorbent. .
- Anal Sci 2009 25, 1115 Determination of amphetamines in hair by GC/MS after small-volume liquid extraction and microwave derivatization. .
- Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2009 23, 3772 Investigation of the identification point system adaptation in cocaine, benzoylecgonine and ecgonine methyl ester using a single quadrupole mass spectrometer. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, e41 Hair testing is superior to urine to disclose cocaine consumption in driver's licence regranting. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 190, 1 Mass and NMR spectroscopic characterization of 3,4-methylenedioxypyrovalerone: A designer drug with α-pyrrolidinophenone structure. .
- 10. Hallucinogens
- Clin Toxicol 2009 47, 566 Bioanalytical and clinical evaluation of 103 suspected cases of intoxications with psychoactive plant materials. .
- J Sep Sci 2009 32, 3301 Selective sample pretreatment by molecularly imprinted polymer for the determination of LSD in biological fluids. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 60 Manufacturing by-products from, and stereochemical outcomes of the biotransformation of benzaldehyde used in the synthesis of methamphetamine. .
- J Forensic Sci 2009 54, 1485 Morbidity involving the hallucinogenic designer amines MDA and 2C-I. .
- Analyst 2009 134, 1565 Development of a piezoelectric sensor for the detection of methamphetamine. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 332 Concentration-time profiles of γ-hydroxybutyrate in blood after recreational doses are best described by zero-order rather than first-order kinetics. .
- Addiction 2009 104, 2041 Do Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol concentrations indicate recent use in chronic cannabis users?. .
- Yakugaku Zasshi 2009 129, 975 Chemical and DNA analyses for the products of psychoactive plant, Voacanga africana (Japanese, English Abstract). .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 366 Methylenedioxymethamphetamine-related deaths in Taiwan: 2001-2008. .
- J Forensic Sci 2009 54, 1176 Combined dextromethorphan and chlorpheniramine intoxication in impaired drivers. .
- Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2009 23, 3543 Rapid drug detection in oral samples by porous silicon assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometry. .
- J Forensic Sci 2009 54, 1341 Illegal route estimation of the seized illicit drug, methamphetamine, by the comparison of striation marks on plastic packaging films. .
- Addiction 2009 104, 2057 Content of Ecstasy in the Netherlands: 1993-2008. .
- J Forensic Sci 2009 54, 1261 The stable isotope ratios of marajuana. II. Strontium isotopes relate to geographic origin. .
- 11. Narcotics
- J Forensic Sci 2009 54, 1181 Morphine concentrations in stomach contents of intravenous opioid overdose deaths. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 310 Validation of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay screening method and a liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry confirmation method for the identification and quantification of ketamine and norketamine in urine samples from Malaysia. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 345 Determination of heroin and its main metabolites in small sample volumes of whole blood and brain tissue by reversed-phase liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. .
- Talanta 2009 79, 845 Simple and rapid voltammetric determination of morphine at electrochemically pretreated glassy carbon electrodes. .
- 12. Forensics
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 82 Determination of pesticides in postmortem blood and bone marrow of pesticide treated rabbits. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 389 Lethal poisoning with ethiofencarb and ethanol. .
- Biomed Chromatogr 2009 23, 1217 Ion chromatography tandem mass spectrometry for simultaneous confirmation and determination of indandione rodenticides in serum. .
- Anal Bioanal Chem 2009 394, 2151 Surface plasmon resonance immunosensor for cortisol and cortisone determination. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 190, 9 Quantitative structure-activity relationship (QSAR) methodology in forensic toxicology: Modeling postmortem redistribution of structurally diverse drugs using multivariate statistics. .
- J Chromatogr B 2009 877, 2652 Rapid and quantitative screening method for 43 benzodiazepines and their metabolites, zolpidem and zopiclone in human plasma by liquid chromatography/mass spectrometry with a small particle column. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 294 Simultaneous measurement of indandione-type rodenticides in human serum by liquid chromatography-electrospray ionization-tandem mass spectrometry. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 351 Cocaine and opiates use in pregnancy: Detection of drugs in neonatal meconium and urine. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 336 Toxicological findings in two planned complex suicide cases: Ingestion of petroleum distillates and subsequent hanging. .
- Electroanalysis 2009 21, 2165 The electrochemical behavior of nitrazepam at a screen-printed carbon electrode and its determination in beverages by adsorptive stripping voltammetry. .
- J Chromatogr B 2009 877, 2624 Electrospray ionization tandem mass spectrometric determination of monomethylarsonic acid and dimethylarsinic acid after adduct formation with citric acid. .
- Anal Bioanal Chem 2009 394, 2039 Detection of illicit substances in fingerprints by infrared spectral imaging. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 372 Determination of digoxin and digitoxin in whole blood. .
- 13. Alcohol
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, e45 Unreliable alcohol testing in a shipping safety programme. .
- Clin Chem 2009 55, 1395 Molecular species of the alcohol biomarker phosphatidylethanol in human blood measured by LC-MS. .
- J Sep Sci 2009 32, 3497 Determination of ethyl glucuronide in human serum by capillary zone electrophoresis and an immunoassay. .
- J Chromatogr B 2009 877, 2337 Development and validation of a gas chromatography-negative chemical ionization tandem mass spectrometry method for the determination of ethyl glucuronide in hair and its application to forensic toxicology. .
- J Anal Toxicol 2009 33, 328 Long-term stability of ethanol solutions for breath-alcohol tests. .
- Electrophoresis 2009 30, 2207 A proteomic workflow for discovery of serum carrier protein-bound biomarker candidates of alcohol abuse using LC-MS/MS. .
- Proteomics Clin Appl 2009 3, 821 A search for novel markers of alcohol abuse using magnetic beads and MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometry. .
- Addiction 2009 104, 2007 Urine tested positive for ethyl glucuronide after trace amounts of ethanol. .
- 15. Homeland security
- Biosens Bioelectron 2009 25, 469 Square wave voltammetric detection of anthrax utilizing a peptide for selective recognition of a protein biomarker. .
- Chromatographia 2009 70, 623 Solid supported liquid-liquid extraction of chemical warfare agents and related chemicals from water. .
- Anal Sci 2009 25, 845 Development of spray deposition/MALDI-TOFMS and its application to the rapid screening of hydrolysis products derived from nitrogen mustards. .
- Anal Chem 2009 81, 6744 Quantitation of chemical warfare agents using the Direct Analysis in Real Time (DART) techniques. .
- J Agric Food Chem 2009 57, 8227 Quantitative analysis of chemical warfare agent degradation products in beverages by liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. .
- J Mass Spectrom 2009 44, 1604 Mass spectrometry as a tool for characterization of N,N-dialkylaminoethane-2-thiols-precursors and degradation products of chemical warfare agents. .
- Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 2009 23, 3875 Real-time trace detection and identification of chemical warfare agent simulants using recent advances in proton transfer reaction time-of-flight mass spectrometry. .
- Clin Toxicol 2009 47, 643 Broad recognition of ricin toxins prepared from a range of Ricinus cultivars using immunochromatographic tests. .
- J Chromatogr A 2009 1216, 5911 Determination of nerve agent degradation products by capillary electrophoresis using field-amplified sample stacking injection with the electroosmotic flow pump and contactless conductivity detection. .
- Int J Environ Anal Chem 2009 89, 821 Detection of ricin toxin in water using immunoassays. .
- 16. Workplace
- Anal Bioanal Chem 2009 395, 1167 Quantification of two urinary metabolites of organophosphorus flame retardants by solid-phase extraction and gas chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry. .
- 17. Product authenticity
- J Pharm Biomed Anal 2009 50, 602 2D and 3D DOSY 1H NMR, a useful tool for analysis of complex mixtures: Application to herbal drugs or dietary supplements for erectile dysfunction. .
- 18. Techniques
- Biosens Bioelectron 2009 25, 502 Strip-based immunochromatographic assay using specific egg yolk antibodies for rapid detection of morphine in urine samples. .
- Forensic Sci Int 2009 189, 14 Use of stable isotope ratios for profiling of industrial ephedrine samples: Application of hydrogen isotope ratios in combination with carbon and nitrogen. .
- J Sep Sci 2009 32, 2793 Interpretive optimisation of organic solvent content and flow-rate in the separation of β-blockers with a chromolith RP-18e column. .
- J Sep Sci 2009 32, 2841 Performance of a chromolith RP-18e column for the screening of β-blockers. .
- Chromatographia 2009 69, 1275 RP-LC simultaneous determination of aconitine, solanine and piperine in an ayurvedic medicine. .