Villin: A marker for development of the epithelial pyloric border
Article first published online: 3 APR 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 224, Issue 1, pages 90–102, May 2002
How to Cite
Braunstein, E. M., Qiao, X. T., Madison, B., Pinson, K., Dunbar, L. and Gumucio, D. L. (2002), Villin: A marker for development of the epithelial pyloric border. Dev. Dyn., 224: 90–102. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10091
- Issue published online: 25 APR 2002
- Article first published online: 3 APR 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 22 FEB 2002
- Manuscript Received: 31 JUL 2001
- NIH. Grant Number: T32-HL07505
- Roger DeMeritt Research Fund, University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Dean's Fellowship from the University of Michigan Center for Organogenesis
- NIH “Training Program in Organogenesis”
- 1995. Expression of Cdx-2 in the mouse embryo and placenta: possible role in patterning of the extra-embryonic membranes. Dev Dyn 204: 219–227. , , , .
- 1999. Reprogramming of intestinal differentiation and intercalary regeneration in cdx2 mutant mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96: 7318–7323. , , , , .
- 1988. Differential distribution of villin and villin mRNA in mouse intestinal epithelial cells. Differentiation 39: 51–57. , , , , .
- 1995. Organization and development of the tail bud analyzed with the quail-chick chimera system. Mech Dev 51: 51–65. , , .
- 1997. Drosophila mitotic domain boundaries as cell fate boundaries. Science 277: 825–828. , , .
- 1999 Compartment Boundaries at the edge of development. Trends Genet 15: 320–325. , .
- 1993. Staging of gastrulating mouse embryos by morphological landmarks in the dissecting microscope. Development 118: 1255–1266. , .
- 1989. Differential localization of villin and fimbrin during development of the mouse visceral endoderm and intestinal epithelium. Development 106: 407–419. , , .
- 1993. Morphological evidence for secondary formation of the tail gut in the rat embryo. Anat Embryol (Berl) 187: 291–297. , , .
- 2001. Organ-specific molecular classification of primary lung, colon, and ovarian adenocarcinomas using gene expression profiles. Am J Pathol 159: 1231–1238. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. The vertebrate tail bud: three germ layers from one tissue. Anat Embryol (Berl) 185: 101–113. , .
- 2000. Transcription factors involved in pancreatic islet development. J Biomed Sci 7: 27–34. , .
- 1994. Structure of the murine homeobox gene cdx-2. Expression in embryonic and adult intestinal epithelium. J Biol Chem 269: 15229–15237. , , .
- 1994. The atlas of mouse development. London: Academia Press. .
- 1998. Intestinal epithelial-mesenchymal cell interactions. Ann N Y Acad Sci 859: 1–17. , , , , , .
- 1976. Vital dye mapping of the gastrula and neurula of Xenopus laevis II. Prospective areas and morphogenetic movements of the deep layer. Dev Biol. 51: 118–137. .
- 2001. Induction of pancreatic differentiation by signals from blood vessels. Science 294: 564–567. , , .
- 1994. Comparative analysis of neutral endopeptidase (NEP) and villin gene expression during mouse embryogenesis and enterocyte maturation. Differentiation 56: 55–65. , , , , , .
- 1987. Cell fate, morphogenetic movement and population kinetics of embryonic endoderm at the time of germ layer formation in the mouse. Development 101: 627–652. , .
- 1985. Developmental morphology of the mouse inner ear. A scanning electron microscopic observation. Acta Otolaryngol 422: 1–69. , .
- 1997. The Danforth's short tail mutation acts cell autonomously in notochord cells and ventral hindgut endoderm. Development 124: 4019–4028. , , .
- 2001. Liver organogenesis promoted by endothelial cells prior to vascular function. Science 294: 559–563. , , , .
- 1988. Villin expression in the visceral endoderm and in the gut anlage during early mouse embryogenesis. EMBO J 7: 3321–3329. , , , , , , .
- 1992. Developmental regulation of villin gene expression in the epithelial cell lineages of mouse digestive and urogenital tracts. Development 115: 717–728. , , , , , .
- 1996. PDX-1 is required for pancreatic outgrowth and differentiation of the rostral duodenum. Development 122: 983–995. , , , , , , , .
- 1988. Villin, intestinal brush border hydrolases and keratin polypeptides in intestinal metaplasia and gastric cancer; an immunohistologic study emphasizing the different degrees of intestinal and gastric differentiation in signet ring cell carcinomas. Virchows Arch Pathol Anat Histopathol 413: 303–312. , , , , , .
- 1998. Targeted disruption of the mouse villin gene does not impair the morphogenesis of microvilli. Dev Dyn 211: 109–121. , , , .
- 1998. Abundant expression of the intestinal protein villin in Barrett's metaplasia and esophageal adenocarcinomas. Mol Carcinog 22: 182–189. , , , , .
- 1971. The location of the pregut endoderm in the chick embryo at the primitive streak stage as determined by radioautographic mapping. Dev Biol 26: 323–335. .
- 1997. CDX1 protein expression in normal, metaplastic and neoplastic human alimentary tract epithelium. Gastroenterology 113: 478–486. , , , , , .
- 2000. Cdx1 and Cdx2 expression during intestinal development. Gastroenterology 119: 961–971. , , , .
- 2000. Clonally related cells are restricted to organ boundaries early in the development of the chicken gut to form compartment boundaries. Dev Biol 227: 422– 431. , .
- 2000. Evolutionary relationships between the amphibian, avian and mammalian stomachs. Evol Dev 2: 348–359. , , , , .
- 1994. Intestinal metaplasia of the stomach. A status report. Cancer 74: 556–564. .
- 1999. Vertebrate endoderm development. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 15: 393–410. , .
- 1996. Cell fate and morphogenic movement in the late mouse primitive streak. Mech Dev 55: 70–89. , .
- 2000. Liver specification and early morphogenesis. Mech Dev 92: 83–88. .