Drs. Kardon and Heanue contributed equally to this work.
Pax3 and Dach2 positive regulation in the developing somite
Article first published online: 15 MAY 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 224, Issue 3, pages 350–355, July 2002
How to Cite
Kardon, G., Heanue, T.A. and Tabin, C.J. (2002), Pax3 and Dach2 positive regulation in the developing somite. Dev. Dyn., 224: 350–355. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10107
- Issue published online: 13 JUN 2002
- Article first published online: 15 MAY 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 21 MAR 2002
- Manuscript Received: 31 DEC 2001
- 1994. Pax-3 is required for the development of limb muscles: a possible role for the migration of dermomyotomal muscle progenitor cells. Development 120: 603–612. , , , , .
- 1999. EYA4, a novel vertebrate gene related to Drosophila eyes absent. Hum Mol Genet 8: 11–23. , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Multiple tissue interactions and signal transduction pathways control somite myogenesis. Curr Top Dev Biol 48: 165–224. , .
- 2000. Evolution and development of distinct cell lineages derived from somites. Curr Top Dev Biol 48: 1–42. , .
- 2001. Skeletal muscle formation in vertebrates. Curr Opin Genet Dev 11: 440–448. .
- 1995. Early stages of chick somite development. Anat Embryol (Berl) 191: 381–396. , .
- 1997. Control of dorsoventral pattern in the chick paraxial mesoderm. Development 124: 3895–3908. , , .
- 1998. Specification of the hypaxial musculature. Development 125: 2235–2249. , , , , .
- 1999. cSix4, a member of the six gene family of transcription factors, is expressed during placode and somite development. Mech Dev 85: 161–165. , .
- 1994. Patterning of mammalian somites by surface ectoderm and notochord: evidence for sclerotome induction by a hedgehog homolog. Cell 79: 1175–1186. , .
- 1997. A role for WNT proteins in induction of dermomyotome. Dev Biol 191: 160–165. , , .
- 1993. The splotch mutation interferes with muscle development in the limbs. Anat Embryol (Berl) 187: 153–160. , , , , .
- 1994. Regulation of Pax-3 expression in the dermomyotome and its role in muscle development. Development 120: 957–971. , , .
- 1999. Synergistic regulation of vertebrate muscle development by Dach2, Eya2, and Six1, homologs of genes required for Drosophila eye formation. Genes Dev 13: 3231–3243. , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Dach1, a vertebrate homologue of Drosophila dachshund, is expressed in the developing eye and ear of both chick and mouse and is regulated independently of Pax and Eya genes. Mech Dev 111: 75–87. , , , , , , .
- 1990. The murine paired box gene, Pax7, is expressed specficiall during the development of the nervous and muscular system. Mech Dev 33: 27–37. , , .
- 1998. Targeted gene misexpression in chick limb buds using avian replication-competent retroviruses. Methods 14: 407–420. , .
- 1999. Mox2 is a component of the genetic hierarchy controlling limb muscle development. Nature 122: 831–838. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Ectopic Pax-3 activates MyoD and Myf-5 expression in embryonic mesoderm and neural tissue. Cell 89: 139–148. , , , , , .
- 1998. Chicken eyes absent 2 gene: isolation and expression pattern during development. Int J Dev Biol 42: 1109–1115. , .
- 1996. Manipulating gene expression with replication-competent retroviruses. Methods Cell Biol 51: 185–218. , .
- 1999. Cooperation of Six and Eya in activation of their target genes through nuclear translocation of Eya. Mol Cell Biol 19: 6815–6824. , , , , , , .
- 1995. Six3, a murine homologue of the sine oculis gene, demarcates the most anterior border of the developing neural plate and is expressed during eye development. Development 121: 4045–4055. , , , , , .
- 1992. Two myogenic lineages within the developing somite. Development 114: 339–353. , .
- 1999. From insect eye to vertebrate muscle: redeployment of a regulatory network. Genes Dev 13: 3171–3178. , .
- 1993. Sonic hedgehog mediates the polarizing activity of the ZPA. Cell 75: 1401–1416. , , , .
- 1998. Expression of myogenin during embryogenesis is controlled by Six/sine oculis homeoproteins through a conserved MEF3 binding site. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95: 14220–14225. , , , , , , .
- 1997. Redefining the genetic hierarchies controlling skeletal myogenesis: Pax- 3 and Myf-5 act upstream of MyoD. Cell 89: 127–138. , , , .
- 2000. Vertebrate eye development as modeled in Drosophila. Hum Mol Genet 9: 917–925. , .
- 1994. Pax-3 expression in segmental mesoderm marks early stages in myogenic cell specification. Development 120: 785–796. , .
- 1997. Mouse Eya genes are expressed during limb tendon development and encode a transcriptional activation function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 11974–11979. , , , .