Drs. Goldstein and Drukker contributed equally to this work.
Integration and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells transplanted to the chick embryo
Article first published online: 19 JUL 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 225, Issue 1, pages 80–86, September 2002
How to Cite
Goldstein, R. S., Drukker, M., Reubinoff, B. E. and Benvenisty, N. (2002), Integration and differentiation of human embryonic stem cells transplanted to the chick embryo. Dev. Dyn., 225: 80–86. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10108
- Issue published online: 26 AUG 2002
- Article first published online: 19 JUL 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 11 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Received: 1 MAR 2002
- The Herbert Cohn Chair
- The Aviv Fund for Neuroscience Research
- The Health Science Center at Bar-Ilan University
- 2000. Clonally derived human embryonic stem cell lines maintain pluripotency and proliferative potential for prolonged periods in culture. Dev Biol 227: 271–278. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. A novel model to study the dorsolateral migration of melanoblasts. Mech Dev 89: 3–14. , , , , , , , , .
- 1989. An immunohistochemical study of neuropeptides and neuronal cytoskeletal proteins in the neuroepithelial component of a spontaneous murine ovarian teratoma. Am J Pathol 135: 801–813. , , , , , .
- 2001. Establishment of human embryonic stem cell-transfected clones carrying a marker for undifferentiated cells. Curr Biol 11: 514–518. , , , , , .
- 1997. Mouse chick chimeras: a developmental model of murine neurogenic cells. Development 124: 3025–3036. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Differentiation of human embryonic stem cells into embryoid bodies comprising the three embryonic germ layers. Mol Med 6: 88–95. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Human mesenchymal stem cells engraft and demonstrate site-specific differentiation after in utero transplantation in sheep. Nat Med 6: 1282–1286. , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Transplanted embryonic stem cells survive, differentiate and promote recovery in injured rat spinal cord. Nat Med 5: 1410–1412. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Embryonic stem cell lines from human blastocysts: somatic differentiation in vitro. Nat Biotech 18: 399–404. , , , , .
- 1935. Mitosis in the neural tube. J Comp Neurol 62: 377–405. .
- 2000. Effects of eight growth factors on the differentiation of cells derived from human embryonic stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97: 11307–11312. , , , , .
- 2001. Induced neuronal differentiation of human embryonic stem cells. Brain Res 913: 201–205. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Embryonic stem cell lines derived from human blastocysts. Science 282: 1145–1147. , , , , , , .
- 1996. General pathology. 7th ed. New York: Churchill Livingstone. p 472–476. , .
- 1999. In vivo transplantation of mammalian neural crest cells into chick hosts reveals a new autonomic sublineage restriction. Development 126: 4351–4363. , .
- 2001. In vitro differentiation of transplantable neural precursors from human embryonic stem cells. Nat Biotech 19: 1129–1133. , , , , .