Craniofacial abnormalities resulting from targeted disruption of the murine Sim2 gene
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2002
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 224, Issue 4, pages 373–380, August 2002
How to Cite
Shamblott, M.J., Bugg, E.M., Lawler, A.M. and Gearhart, J.D. (2002), Craniofacial abnormalities resulting from targeted disruption of the murine Sim2 gene. Dev. Dyn., 224: 373–380. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10116
- Issue published online: 24 JUL 2002
- Article first published online: 13 JUN 2002
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 APR 2002
- Manuscript Received: 14 MAR 2002
- 1992. Genetic manipulation of the mouse via gene targeting in embryonic stem cells. Ciba Found Symp 165: 256–269. , , , , .
- 1986. Cell distribution during mouse secondary palate closure. II. Mesenchymal cells. J Embryol Exp Morphol 96: 111–130. , .
- 1997. Histotechnology: a self-instructional text. Chicago: ASCP Press. .
- 1997. Cloning of two human homologs of the Drosophila single-minded gene SIM1 on chromosome 6q and SIM2 on 21q within the Down syndrome chromosomal region. Genome Res 7: 615–624. , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Two new members of the murine Sim gene family are transcriptional repressors and show different expression patterns during mouse embryogenesis. Mol Cell Biol 16: 5865–5875. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1996. Expression patterns of two murine homologs of Drosophila single-minded suggest possible roles in embryonic patterning and in the pathogenesis of Down syndrome. Mol Cell Neurosci 7: 1–16. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 1983. A technique for radiolabeling DNA restriction endonuclease fragments to high specific activity. Anal Biochem 132: 6–13. , .
- 1987. Palatal shelf elevation in the Wistar rat fetus. J Anat 125: 555–577. .
- 1988. Palate development. Development Suppl 103: 41–60. .
- 1994. Transcriptional activation domains of the single-minded bHLH protein are required for CNS midline cell development. Mech Dev 45: 269–277. , .
- 1993. Hoxa-2 mutant mice exhibit homeotic transformation of skeletal elements derived from cranial neural crest. Cell 75: 1317–1331. , , , .
- 1994. Potent transactivation domains of the Ah receptor and the Ah receptor nuclear translocator map to their carboxyl termini. J Biol Chem 269: 31518–31524. , , , .
- 1993. Introduction and expression of the 400 kilobase precursor amyloid protein gene in transgenic mice. Nat Genet 5: 22–30. , , , , , , , , .
- 1992. Hyaluronan. FASEB J 6: 2397–2404. , .
- 1998. Development of neuroendocrine lineages requires the bHLH-PAS transcription factor SIM1. Genes Dev 12: 3264–3275. , , , .
- 1997. The murine Sim-2 gene product inhibits transcription by active repression and functional interference. Mol Cell Biol 17: 4933–4947. , , .
- 1990. The single-minded gene of Drosophila is required for the expression of genes important for the development of CNS midline cells. Cell 63: 63–75. , , , .
- 1991. The Drosophila single-minded gene encodes a helix-loop-helix protein that acts as a master regulator of CNS midline development. Cell 67: 1157–1167. , , , .
- 1998. Pax9-deficient mice lack pharyngeal pouch derivatives and teeth and exhibit craniofacial and limb abnormalities. Genes Dev 12: 2735–2747. , , , .
- 1995. goosecoid is not an essential component of the mouse gastrula organizer but is required for craniofacial and rib development. Development 121: 3005–3012. , , , , .
- 1994. Msx1 deficient mice exhibit cleft palate and abnormalities of craniofacial and tooth development [see comments]. Nat Genet 6: 348–356. , .
- 1988. Mesenchymal influences on epithelial differentiation in developing systems. J Cell Sci Suppl 10: 195–230. , .
- 1997. Molecular cloning and characterization of a cDNA encoding the third putative mammalian hyaluronan synthase. J Biol Chem 272: 8957–8961. , , .
- 1972. Hyaluronate turnover during chondrogenesis in the developing chick limb and axial skeleton. Dev Biol 29: 321–329. .
- 1990. Hyaluronan and its binding proteins, the hyaladherins. Curr Opin Cell Biol 2: 839–844. .
- 1971. Hyaluronate production and removal during corneal development in the chick. Dev Biol 26: 28–35. , .
- 1972. Hyaluronate in morphogenesis: inhibition of chondrogenesis in vitro. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 69: 1384–1386. , , .
- 1985. Effect of epidermal growth factor/urogastrone on glycosaminoglycan synthesis and accumulation in vitro in the developing mouse palate. Differentiation 28: 279–285. , , .
- 1995. Targeted mutation of the murine goosecoid gene results in craniofacial defects and neonatal death. Development 121: 2917–2922. , , , , , , , .