Drs. Kato and Miyazaki contributed equally to this work.
Unique expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases in regenerating newt limbs
Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Regeneration Special Issue
Volume 226, Issue 2, pages 366–376, February 2003
How to Cite
Kato, T., Miyazaki, K., Shimizu-Nishikawa, K., Koshiba, K., Obara, M., Mishima, H. K. and Yoshizato, K. (2003), Unique expression patterns of matrix metalloproteinases in regenerating newt limbs. Dev. Dyn., 226: 366–376. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10247
- Issue online: 28 JAN 2003
- Version of Record online: 14 JAN 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 6 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUL 2002
- 1998. The extracellular matrix facts book. London: Academic Press. , , , , .
- 1995. Proteolytic remodeling of extracellular matrix. Curr Opin Cell Biol 7: 728–735. .
- 1997. Amphibian limb regeneration: rebuilding a complex structure. Science 276: 81–87. .
- 2000. Xenopus laevis gelatinase B (Xmmp-9): development, regeneration, and wound healing. Dev Dyn 217: 377–387. , , .
- 1994. Molecular cloning and expression of collagenase-3, a novel human matrix metalloproteinase produced by breast carcinomas. J Biol Chem 296: 16766–16773. , , , , , .
- 1988. Rapid production of full-length cDNAs from rare transcripts: amplification of a signal gene-specific oligonucleotide primer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 85: 8998–9002. , , .
- 1980. Effect of apical epidermal cap on mitotic cycle and cartilage differentiation in regeneration blastemata in the newt, Notophthalmus viridescens. Dev Biol 75: 358–372. , , .
- 1968. Collagenolytic activity in regenerating forelimbs of the adult newt (Triturus vridescens). Dev Biol 17: 571–583. , , , .
- 1983. An immunofluorescent study of the distribution of fibronectin and laminin during limb regeneration in the adult newt. Dev Biol 96: 355–365. , , .
- 1988. Antibodies: laboratory manual. New York: Cold Spring Harbour Laboratory. , .
- 1993. Extracellular matrix alters epithelial differentiation. Curr Opin Cell Biol 5: 1029–1035. .
- 1979. Denervation effects on newt regeneration: collagen and collagenase. Dev Biol 71: 60–70. , .
- 1996. Cloning and characterization of cDNAs for matrix metalloproteinases of regenerating newt limbs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93: 6819–6824. , , , .
- 1999. Matrix metalloproteinases. J Biol Chem 274: 21419–21494. , .
- 1996. Perspective: a suggested role for basement membrane structures during newt limb regeneration. Anat Rec 246: 155–161. , .
- 1997. Identification of prokaryotic and eukaryotic signal peptides and prediction of their cleavage sites. Protein Eng 10: 1–6. , , , .
- 1990. An extracellular matrix molecule of newt and axolotl regenerating limb blastemas and embryonic limb buds: immunological relationship of MT1 antigen with tenascin. Development 108: 657–668. , , .
- 1991. Biochemical and immunological characterization of collagenase in tissues of metamorphosing bullfrog tadpoles. Dev Growth Differ 33: 329–339. , .
- 1999. Expression of helix-loop-helix type negative regulators of differentiation during limb regeneration in urodeles and anurans. Dev Growth Differ 41: 731–734. , , , .
- 1995. Wound repair, regeneration and artificial tissues. New York: Springer. .
- 1996. Activation of two cynops genes, fork head and sonic hedgehog, in animal cap explants. Biochem Biophys Res Commmun 218: 395–401. , , , , .
- 1992. Coordinated expression of extracellular matrix-degrading proteinases and their inhibitors regulates mammary epithelial function during involution. J Cell Biol 118: 1271–1282. , , .
- 1990. The cysteine switch: a principle of regulation of metalloproteinase activity with potential applicability to the entire matrix metalloproteinase gene family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 87: 5578–5582. , .
- 1981. Vertebrate limb regeneration. New York: Wiley. .
- 1992. In situ hybridization: a practical approach. Oxford: IRL Press. .
- 1991. Matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in connective tissue remodeling. FASEB J 5: 2145–2154. .
- 1988. The role of the apical epidermal cap in amphibian regeneration as shown by the application of regeneration-inhibiting chemicals. Monogr Dev Biol 21: 22–29. .
- 1994. Developmental regulation of a matrix metalloproteinase during regeneration of axolotl appendages. Dev Biol 166: 696–703. , .
- 1998. Cloning and characterization of a novel matrix metalloproteinase (MMP), CMMP, from Chicken embryo Fibroblasts. J Biol Chem 273: 17893–17900. , .
- 1997. A novel matrix metalloproteinase gene (XMMP) encoding vitronectine-like motifs is transiently expressed in Xenopus laevis early embryo development. J Biol Chem 272: 13527–13533. , , .
- 1999. Expression of Mmp-9 and related matrix metalloproteinase genes during axolotl limb regeneration. Dev Dyn 216: 2–9. , , , , .