A. Herr and J. Meunier contributed equally to this work.
Expression of mouse Tbx22 supports its role in palatogenesis and glossogenesis
Article first published online: 28 FEB 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 226, Issue 4, pages 579–586, April 2003
How to Cite
Herr, A., Meunier, D., Müller, I., Rump, A., Fundele, R., Ropers, H.-H. and Nuber, U. A. (2003), Expression of mouse Tbx22 supports its role in palatogenesis and glossogenesis. Dev. Dyn., 226: 579–586. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10260
- Issue published online: 19 MAR 2003
- Article first published online: 28 FEB 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 NOV 2002
- Manuscript Received: 4 JUL 2002
- 1996. Allele-specific in situ hybridization (ASISH) analysis: a novel technique which resolves differential allelic usage of H19 within the same cell lineage during human placental development. Development 122: 839–847. , , , , .
- 1990. Basic local alignment search tool. J Mol Biol 215: 403–410. , , , , .
- 1995. A new DNA sequence assembly program. Nucleic Acids Res 23: 4992–4999. , , .
- 2001. The T-box transcription factor gene TBX22 is mutated in X-linked cleft palate and ankyloglossia. Nat Genet 29: 179–183. , , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Prediction of complete gene structures in human genomic DNA. J Mol Biol 268: 78–94. , .
- 2002. Isolation and developmental expression analysis of Tbx22, the mouse homolog of the human X-linked cleft palate gene. Dev Dyn 225: 322–326. , , , .
- 2002. Comparative analysis of Prx1 and Prx2 expression in mice provides evidence for incomplete compensation. Anat Rec 266: 1–4. , .
- 2002. Cloning and expression analysis of the chick ortholog of TBX22, the gene mutated in X-linked cleft palate and ankyloglossia. Mech Dev 117: 321–325. , , , , .
- 1997. Spatiotemporal expression of the homeobox gene S8 during mouse tooth development. Arch Oral Biol 42: 625–631. , , , , .
- 1994. The atlas of mouse development. London: Academic Press. .
- 2000. Palatogenesis and potential mechanisms for clefting. J R Coll Surg Edinb 45: 351–358. , , , , .
- 1999. Identification and characterization of G90, a novel mouse RNA that lacks an extensive open reading frame. Gene 232: 35–42. , , , , .
- 2000. Molecular characterization of a new human T-box gene (TBX22) located in xq21.1 encoding a protein containing a truncated T-domain. Gene 255: 289–296. , .
- 1999. Prx-1 functions cooperatively with another paired-homeobox gene, prx-2, to maintain cell fates within the craniofacial mesenchyme. Development 126: 495–504. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Fate map of the developing chick face: analysis of expansion of facial primordia and establishment of the primary palate. Dev Dyn 212: 102–118. , , .
- 1998. The developing human: clinically oriented embryology. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders Company. , .
- 1998. The T-box gene family. Bioessays 20: 9–19. , .
- 1995. MatInd and MatInspector: new fast and versatile tools for detection of consensus matches in nucleotide sequence data. Nucleic Acids Res 23: 4878–4884. , , , , .
- 1994. Msx1 deficient mice exhibit cleft palate and abnormalities of craniofacial and tooth development. Nat Genet 6: 348–356. , .
- 1999. The many faces and factors of orofacial clefts. Hum Mol Genet 8: 1853–1859. , .
- 2001. T-targets: clues to understanding the functions of T-box proteins. Dev Growth Differ 43: 1–11. , .
- 2000. MSX1 mutation is associated with orofacial clefting and tooth agenesis in humans. Nat Genet 24: 342–343. , , , .
- 2000. Development of the lip and palate in staged human embryos and early fetuses. Yonsei Med J 41: 477–484. , , , , .
- 2002. Rescue of cleft palate in Msx1-deficient mice by transgenic Bmp4 reveals a network of BMP and Shh signaling in the regulation of mammalian palatogenesis. Development 129: 4135–4146. , , , , , .