Expression of Sox transcription factors in the developing mouse pancreas
Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 227, Issue 3, pages 402–408, July 2003
How to Cite
Lioubinski, O., Müller, M., Wegner, M. and Sander, M. (2003), Expression of Sox transcription factors in the developing mouse pancreas. Dev. Dyn., 227: 402–408. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10311
- Issue online: 12 JUN 2003
- Version of Record online: 12 MAY 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 28 FEB 2003
- Manuscript Received: 3 JAN 2003
- JDRF. Grant Number: 2-2001-728
- 2000. SOX8 expression during chick embryogenesis. Mech Dev 94: 257–260. , , .
- 2001. Fgf10 is essential for maintaining the proliferative capacity of epithelial progenitor cells during early pancreatic organogenesis. Development 128: 5109–5117. , , , , , , .
- 2001. The transcription factor Sox10 is a key regulator of peripheral glial development. Genes Dev 15: 66–78. , , , , , , , .
- 2001. A crucial component of the endoderm formation pathway, CASANOVA, is encoded by a novel sox-related gene. Genes Dev 15: 1487–1492. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Transcribing pancreas. Diabetes 47: 1817–1823. .
- 2002. Role for FGFR2IIIb-mediated signals in controlling pancreatic endocrine progenitor cell proliferation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 3884–3889. , , , .
- 1996. Lineage-specific morphogenesis in the developing pancreas: role of mesenchymal factors. Development 122: 439–447. , , , , .
- 1962. Epitheliomesenchymal interaction in pancreatic morphogenesis. Dev Biol 4: 242–255. , .
- 1996. Restricted expression of a novel murine atonal-related bHLH protein in undifferentiated neural precursors. Dev Biol 180: 227–241. , , .
- 2003. Direct lineage tracing reveals the ontogeny of pancreatic cell fates during mouse embryogenesis. Mech Dev 120: 35–43. , , .
- 2001. Pax6 and SOX2 form a co-DNA-binding partner complex that regulates initiation of lens development. Genes Dev 15: 1272–1286. , , , , .
- 1996. A male-specific role for SOX9 in vertebrate sex determination. Development 122: 2813–2822. , , , , .
- 2001. L-Sox5, Sox6, and Sox9 control essential steps of the chondrocyte differentiation pathway. Osteoarthritis Cartilage 9 (Suppl A): S69–75. , , .
- 1998. Follistatin regulates the relative proportions of endocrine versus exocrine tissue during pancreatic development. Development 125: 1017–1024. , , .
- 2002. Novel SOX9 expression during human pancreas development correlates to abnormalities in Campomelic dysplasia. Mech Dev 116: 223–226. , , , , , .
- 1998. High expression of the HMG box factor sox-13 in arterial walls during embryonic development. Nucleic Acids Res 26: 469–476. , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Homeobox gene Nkx6.1 lies downstream of Nkx2.2 in the major pathway of beta-cell formation in the pancreas. Development 127: 5533–5540. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Twenty pairs of sox: extent, homology, and nomenclature of the mouse and human sox transcription factor gene families. Dev Cell 3: 167–170. , , .
- 1996. Defects in cardiac outflow tract formation and pro-B-lymphocyte expansion in mice lacking Sox-4. Nature 380: 711–714. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Expression of neurogenin3 reveals an islet cell precursor population in the pancreas. Development 127: 3533–3542. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Developmental biology of the pancreas. Development 121: 1569–1580. .
- 2001. Idiopathic weight reduction in mice deficient in the high-mobility-group transcription factor Sox8. Mol Cell Biol 21: 6951–6959. , , , , .
- 1996. Numerous members of the Sox family of HMG box-containing genes are expressed in developing mouse teeth. Genomics 37: 234–237. , , , .
- 2002. Terminal differentiation of myelin-forming oligodendrocytes depends on the transcription factor Sox10. Genes Dev 16: 165–170. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. Mice lacking the homeodomain transcription factor Nkx2.2 have diabetes due to arrested differentiation of pancreatic beta cells. Development 125: 2213–2221. , , , , , , .
- 1998. Islet injury induces neurotrophin expression in pancreatic cells and reactive gliosis of peri-islet Schwann cells. J Neurobiol 34: 304–318. , , , .
- 1999. From head to toes: the multiple facets of Sox proteins. Nucleic Acids Res 27: 1409–1420. .
- 1967. Early pancreas organogenesis: morphogenesis, tissue interactions and mass effects. Dev Biol 15: 237–270. , .
- 2003. Gene expression cascades in pancreatic development. Mech Dev 120: 65–80. , , .
- 1995. The Sry-related gene Sox9 is expressed during chondrogenesis in mouse embryos. Nat Genet 9: 15–20. , , , , , , , , .
- 1995. Developmental-specific activity of the FGF-4 enhancer requires the synergistic action of Sox2 and Oct-3. Genes Dev 9: 2635–2645. , , , .