Drs. Li and Wu contributed equally to this work.
Patterns & Phenotypes
Expression of murine ELL-associated factor 2 (Eaf2) is developmentally regulated
Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 228, Issue 2, pages 273–280, October 2003
How to Cite
Li, M., Wu, X., Zhuang, F., Jiang, S., Jiang, M. and Liu, Y.-H. (2003), Expression of murine ELL-associated factor 2 (Eaf2) is developmentally regulated. Dev. Dyn., 228: 273–280. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10367
- Issue online: 16 SEP 2003
- Version of Record online: 25 AUG 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 24 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 3 JUN 2003
- NIH. Grant Numbers: DE12779, DE12941
- 2001. Math5 is required for retinal ganglion cell and optic nerve formation. Development 128: 2497–2508. , , , .
- 1999. Transcription elongation and human disease. Annu Rev Biochem 68: 301–319. , .
- 2000. A carboxy-terminal domain of ELL is required and sufficient for immortalization of myeloid progenitors by MLL-ELL. Blood 96: 3887–3893. , , , , , , .
- 2002. dELL is an essential RNA polymerase II elongation factor with a general role in development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99: 9894–9899. , , , , , .
- 2002. Specificity of gene regulation. Cell 109: 267–270. .
- 2000. Cajal bodies: the first 100 years. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 16: 273–300. .
- 2001. Functional analysis of the leukemia protein ELL: evidence for a role in the regulation of cell growth and survival. Mol Cell Biol 21: 1672–1681. , , , , , .
- 1998. Overexpression of the MEN/ELL protein, an RNA polymerase II elongation factor, results in transformation of Rat1 cells with dependence on the Lysine-rich region. J Biol Chem 273: 5248–5252. , , , , , .
- 2001. Cloning and characterization of ELL-associated proteins EAP45 and EAP20 a role for yeast EAP-like proteins in regulation of gene expression by glucose. J Biol Chem 276: 16528–16533. , , , , , , , , , .
- 1999. Msx2 gene dosage influences the number of proliferative osteogenic cells in growth centers of the developing murine skull: a possible mechanism for MSX2-mediated craniosynostosis in humans. Dev Biol 205: 260–274. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. The elongation domain of ELL is dispensable but its ELL-associated Factor 1 interaction domain is essential for MLL-ELL-induced leukemogenesis. Mol Cell Biol 21: 5678–5687. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Len epithelial cell differentiation. Exp Eye Res 75: 485–490. .
- 2000. Identification, cloning, expression, and biochemical characterization of the testis-specific RNA polymerase II elongation factor ELL3. J Biol Chem 275: 32052–32056. , , , .
- 1995. Cloning of several species of MLL/MEN chimeric cDNAs in myeloid leukemia with t(11:19)(q23:p13.1) translocation. Blood 85: 2017–2024. , , , , , , .
- 2000. Nonredundant roles of the elongation factor MEN in postimplantation development. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 279: 563–567. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. A misexpression study examining dorsal thorax formation in Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics 160: 1035–1050. , , .
- 2003. ELL and EAF1 are Cajal body components that are disrupted in MLL-ELL leukemia. Mol Biol Cell 14: 1517–1528. , , , , .
- 1999. Cloning and characterization of the EAP30 subunit of the ELL complex that confers derepression of transcription by RNA polymerase II. J Biol Chem 274: 21981–21985. , , , , .
- 1998. Identification and purification of the Holo-ELL complex. Evidence for the presence of ELL-associated proteins that suppress the transcriptional inhibitory activity of ELL. J Biol Chem 273: 11212–11217. .
- 1996. An RNA polymerase II elongation factor encoded by the human ELL gene. Science 271: 1873–1876. , , , , .
- 1997. Structure and function of RNA polymerase II elongation factor ELL. Identification of two overlapping ELL functional domains that govern its interaction with polymerase and the ternary elongation complex. J Biol Chem 272: 22355–22363. , , , .
- 2001. EAF1, a novel ELL-associated factor that is delocalized by expression of the MLL-ELL fusion protein. Blood 98: 201–209. , , , , , .
- 2003. ELL-associated factor 2 (EAF2), a functional homolog of EAF1 with alternative ELL binding properties. Blood 101: 2355–2362. , , , , .
- 1994. Cloning of ELL, a gene that fuses to MLL in a t(11;19)(q23;p13.1) in acute myeloid leukemia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91: 12110–12114. , , , , .
- 1997. Developmental analysis and subcellular localization of the murine homologue of ELL. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 94: 1408–1413. , , , , , .
- 1985. Cell differentiation in the retina of the mouse. Anat Rec 212: 199–205. .