Effects of antisense misexpression of CFC on downstream flectin protein expression during heart looping
Article first published online: 5 SEP 2003
Copyright © 2003 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 228, Issue 2, pages 217–230, October 2003
How to Cite
Linask, K. K., Han, M.-D., Linask, K. L., Schlange, T. and Brand, T. (2003), Effects of antisense misexpression of CFC on downstream flectin protein expression during heart looping. Dev. Dyn., 228: 217–230. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10383
- Issue published online: 16 SEP 2003
- Article first published online: 5 SEP 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 JUN 2003
- Manuscript Received: 5 MAR 2003
- American Heart Association
- NIH. Grant Number: HL64347
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft. Grant Number: SFB 271 “Molekulare Genetik Morphoregulatorischer Prozesse,” TPB10
- 1989. Degradation of hyaluronic acid does not prevent looping of the mammalian heart in situ. Dev Biol 136: 555–559. , .
- 2000. Loss-of-function mutations in the EGF-CFC gene CFC1 are associated with human left-right laterality defects. Nat Genet 26: 365–369. , , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Multiple pathways in the midline regulate concordant brain, heart, and gut left-right asymmetry. Development 127: 3567–3579. , , .
- 2000. Substractive hybridization identifies chick-cripto, a novel EGF-CFC ortholog expressed during gastrulation, neurulation and early cardiogenesis. Gene 255: 205–217. , .
- 1991. The developmental components of the ventricles: their significance in congenital cardiac malformations. Cardiol Young 1: 123–128. , , .
- 1994. β-catenin localization during Xenopus embryogenesis: accumulation at tissue and somite boundaries. Development 120: 3667–3679. , .
- 1987. Embryonic induction-molecular prospects. Development 99: 285–306. .
- 1993. Community effects and related phenomena in development. Cell 75: 831–834. , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1991. Actin bundles on the right side in the caudal part of the heart tube play a role in dextro-looping in the embryonic chick heart. Anat Embryol (Berl) 183: 29–39. , , , .
- 1999. Mouse Pitx2 deficiency leads to anomalies of the ventral body wall, heart, extra- and periocular mesoderm and right pulmonary isomerism. Development 126: 5749–5758. , , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Formation of multiple hearts in mice following deletion of β-catenin in the embryonic mesoderm. Dev Cell 3: 171–181. , , , , , .
- 1999. Pitx2 regulates lung asymmetry, cardiac positioning and pituitary and tooth morphogenesis. Nature 401: 279–282. , , , , , , , .
- 1992a. N-cadherin localization in the early heart development and polar expression of Na, K-ATPase, and integrin during pericardial coelom formation and epithelialization of the differentiating myocardium. Dev Biol 151: 213–224. .
- 1992b. Regulatory role of cell adhesion molecules in early heart development. In: BellairsR, SandersEJ, LashJW, editors. Regulatory role of cell adhesion molecules in early heart development. New York: Plenum Publishing Corporation. p 301–313. .
- 2000. Application of plastic embedding for sectioning whole-mount immunostained early vertebrate embryos. In: TuanRS, LoCW, editors. Application of plastic embedding for sectioning whole-mount immunostained early vertebrate embryos. Vol. 1. Totowa, NJ: Humana. p 165–173. , .
- 1992. Pattern development during pericardial coelom formation and specification of the cardiomyoctye cell population by N-cadherin and the Drosophila armadillo protein homologue in the early chick embryo. Mol Biol Cell 3 (Suppl): 206A. , , , .
- 1997. N-cadherin-catenin interation: Necessary component of cardiac cell compartmentalization during early vertebrate heart development. Dev Biol 185: 148–164. , , .
- 2002. Directionality of heart looping: effects of Pitx2c misexpression on flectin asymmetry and midline structures. Dev Biol 246: 407–417. , , , .
- 1999. Function of Rieger syndrome gene in left-right asymmetry and craniofacial development. Nature 401: 276–278. , , , , .
- 1998. Formation and septation of the tubular heart: integrating the dynamics of morphology with emerging molecular concepts. In: de la CruzMV, MarkwaldRR, editors. Formation and septation of the tubular heart: integrating the dynamics of morphology with emerging molecular concepts. Boston: Birkhauser. p 43–84. , , .
- 2001. Lefty contributes to the remodeling of extracellular matrix my inhibition of CTGF and collagen mRNA expression and increased proteolytic activity in a fibrosarcoma model. J Biol Chem 277: 407–415. , , , , , , , .
- 1998. lefty-1 is required for left-right determination as a regulator of lefty-2 and nodal. Cell 94: 287–297. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Left-right asymmetry determination in vertebrates. Annu Rev Cell Dev Biol 17: 779–805. , .
- 1994a. Redistribution of insoluble interphotoreceptor matrix components during photoreceptor differentiation in the mouse retina. J Comp Neurol 345: 115–124. , , , , .
- 1994b. Characterization of a developmentally regulated component of ocular extracellular matrix that is evolutionarily conserved. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 35: 1608. , , , , .
- 1978. Experimental studies of the shape and structure of isolated cardiac jelly. J Embryol Exp Morph 43: 167–183. , .
- 1955. A new technique for the cultivation of the chick embryo in vitro. J Embryol Exp Morphol 3: 326–331. .
- 1999. Nodal signaling and the roles of the transcription factors SnR and Pitx2 in vertebrate left-right asymmetry. Curr Biol 9: 609–612. , , .
- 1992. The vertebrate adhesive junction proteins β-catenin and plakoglobin and the Drosophila segment polarity gene armadillo form a multigene family with similar properties. J Cell Biol 118: 681–691. , , , , .
- 1999. The novel Cer-like protein Caronte mediates the establishment of embryonic left-right asymmetry. Nature 401: 243–251. , , , , , .
- 1999. Nodal signalling in vertebrate development. Nature 403: 385–389. , .
- 2001. Chick CFC controls Lefty 1 expression in the embryonic midline and nodal expression in the lateral plate. Dev Biol 234: 376–389. , , , , , , .
- 1999. The homeobox gene NKX3.2 is a target of left-right signaling and is expressed on opposite sides in chick and mouse embryos. Curr Biol 9: 911–914. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Cloning and characterization of a novel bicoid-related homeobox transcription factor gene RIEG, involved in Rieger syndrome. Nat Genet 14: 392–399. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. The EGF-CFC gene family in vertebrate development. Trends Genet 16: 303–309. , .
- 1997. Partial purification of HLAMP-1 provides direct evidence for the multicomponent nature of the particulate matrix associated with cardiac mesenchyme formation. J Cell Biochem 66: 112–122. .
- 2000. Roles of BMP signaling and Nkx2.5 in patterning at the chick midgut-foregut boundary. Development 127: 3671–3681. , , , .
- 1997. Retinoic acid directs cardiac laterality and the expression of early markers of precardiac asymmetry. Dev Biol 182: 162–171. , , , , , .
- 2001. Biomechanics of cardiovascular development. Annu Rev Biomed Eng 3: 1–25. .
- 1995. Mechanics of cardiac looping. Dev Dyn 203: 42–50. , , .
- 1996. Left-right asymmetric localization of flectin in the extracellular matrix during heart looping. Dev Biol 173: 39–50. , , , .
- 1998. Differential expression of flectin in the extracellular matrix and left-right asymmetry in mouse embryonic heart during looping stages. Dev Genet 23: 203–214. , , .
- 2001. Conotruncal myocardium arises from a secondary heart field. Development 128: 3179–3188. , , , , , , .
- 1996. Membrane-cytoskeleton interactions with cadherin cell adhesion proteins: roles of catenins as linker proteins. Curr Top Membr 43: 169–185. , , .
- 2000. Matricellular proteins as modulators of cell-matrix interactions: adhesive defect in thrombospondin 2-null fibroblasts is a consequence of increased levels of matrix metalloproteinase-2. Mol Biol Cell 11: 3353–3364. , , .