Patterns & Phenotypes
Bves expression during avian embryogenesis
Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Chick as a Model System
Volume 229, Issue 3, pages 658–667, March 2004
How to Cite
Osler, M. E. and Bader, D. M. (2004), Bves expression during avian embryogenesis. Dev. Dyn., 229: 658–667. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.10490
- Issue online: 20 FEB 2004
- Version of Record online: 9 FEB 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 20 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Revised: 17 OCT 2003
- Manuscript Received: 14 SEP 2003
- NIH. Grant Numbers: PO1 HLL-67105-02, 5T32 HL07323-25
- 1996. Mice expressing a mutant desmosomal cadherin exhibit abnormalities in desmosomes, proliferation, and epidermal differentiation. J Cell Biol 133: 1367–1382. , , .
- 2000. Isolation and characterization of the novel popeye gene family expressed in skeletal muscle and heart. Dev Biol 223: 371–382. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Mouse Pop1 is required for muscle regeneration in adult skeletal muscle. Mol Cell Biol 22: 1504–1512. , , , .
- AusubelF, BrentR, KingstonR, MooreD, SeidmanJ, SmithJ, StruhlK, editors. 2002. Short protocols in molecular biology. Canada: John Wiley and Sons, Inc.
- 1982. Immunochemical analysis of myosin heavy chain during avian myogenesis in vivo and in vitro. J Cell Biol 95: 763–770. , , .
- 1979. The mechanism of somite segmentation in the chick embryo. J Embryol Exp Morphol 51: 227–243. .
- 2003. The formation of skeletal muscle: from somite to limb. J Anat 202: 59–68. , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Production of monoclonal antibodies against chicken Pop1 (BVES). Hybrid Hybridomics 20: 377–381. , , , .
- 1988. Spatial and temporal distribution of the adherens-junction-associated adhesion molecule A-CAM during avian embryogenesis. Development 103: 325–344. , , , , .
- 1994. Epicardial mesothelial cells synthesize and release endothelin. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 24: 715–720. , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–67. .
- 1986. Expression of N-cadherin adhesion molecules associated with early morphogenetic events in chick development. Nature 320: 447–449. , .
- 2002. Cardiac specific expression of Xenopus Popeye-1. Mech Dev 115: 123–126. , , , .
- 1996. Immunohistochemical characterization of monoclonal antibodies (PDs) as markers of the periderm in the developing chicken embryo. J Nihon Univ Sch Dent 38: 131–140. , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Membrane topology of Bves/Pop1A, a cell adhesion molecule that displays dynamic changes in cellular distribution during development. J Biol Chem 278: 32872–32879. , , .
- 2003. Epiblast and primitive-streak origins of the endoderm in the gastrulating chick embryo. Development 130: 3491–3501. , .
- 2002. The function of a novel gene (Z14/Dmbves) in Drosophila oogenesis. In: 43rd Annual Drosophila Research Conference. San Deigo, California. , , .
- 1995. Control of somite patterning by signals from the lateral plate. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 92: 3219–3223. , , , .
- 1999. Cloning and expression of hbves, a novel and highly conserved mRNA expressed in the developing and adult heart and skeletal muscle in the human. Mamm Genome 10: 913–915. , .
- 1999. bves: a novel gene expressed during coronary blood vessel development. Dev Biol 209: 159–171. , , , .
- 2000. Molecular mechanisms of development of the gastrointestinal tract. Dev Dyn 219: 109–120. .
- 2001. Desmosomal adhesion regulates epithelial morphogenesis and cell positioning. Nat Cell Biol 3: 823–830. , , , , .
- 1996. The genesis of avian neural crest cells: a classic embryonic induction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93: 9352–9357. , .
- 1999. Mesoderm patterning and somite formation during node regression: differential effects of chordin and noggin. Mech Dev 85: 85–96. , .
- 2001. Bves: prototype of a new class of cell adhesion molecules expressed during coronary artery development. Development 128: 2085–2093. , , .
- 2003. Epicardial/mesothelial cell line retains vasculogenic potential of embryonic epicardium. Circ Res 92: 525–531. , , , , .
- 1993. Mechanism of skin morphogenesis. I. Analyses with antibodies to adhesion molecules tenascin, N-CAM, and integrin. Dev Biol 155: 545–557. , , , .