Perturbation of extracellular matrix prevents association of the otic primordium with the posterior rhombencephalon and inhibits subsequent invagination
Article first published online: 2 NOV 2001
Copyright © 2002 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 223, Issue 1, pages 48–58, January 2002
How to Cite
Visconti, R. P. and Hilfer, S. R. (2002), Perturbation of extracellular matrix prevents association of the otic primordium with the posterior rhombencephalon and inhibits subsequent invagination. Dev. Dyn., 223: 48–58. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.1237
- Issue published online: 10 JAN 2002
- Article first published online: 2 NOV 2001
- Manuscript Accepted: 4 SEP 2001
- Manuscript Received: 22 JUN 2001
- Deafness Research Foundation
- 1990. Cell surface receptors for extracellular matrix components. Biochem Biophys Acta 1031: 91–110. , , .
- 1990. Integrins and other cell adhesion molecules. FASEB J 4: 2868–2880. , .
- 1990. Shaping, invagination, and closure of the chick embryo otic vesicle: scanning electron microscopic and quantitative study. Anat Rec 228: 315–326. , .
- 1984. Extracellular matrix organization in developing muscle: correlation with acetylcholine receptor aggregates. J Cell Biol 99: 1486–1501. , , .
- 1995. Rhombomeric origin and rostrocaudal reassortment of neural crest cells revealed by intravital microscopy. Development 121: 935–945. , , .
- 1982. Optic cup formation: A calcium-regulated process. PNAS 79: 5587–5591. , .
- 1990. Experimental analyses of the migration and cell lineage of neural crest cells. Cleft Palate J 27: 110–120. .
- 1991. Analysis of neural crest lineage and migration. J Craniofac Genet Dev Biol 11: 214–222. , , .
- 1992. Developmentally regulated expression of alpha six integrin in avian embryos. Development 115: 197–211. , , , .
- 1994. Integrin alphav-beta 3 antagonists promotes tumor regression by inducing apoptosis of angiogenic blood vessels. Cell 79: 1157–1164. , , , , , , .
- 1986. Integrin (The CSAT antigen): functionality requires oligomeric integrity. J Cell Biol 103: 2421–2428. , , , .
- 1973. Microtubules and microfilaments in amphibian neuralation. Am Zool 221: 989–1006. .
- 1991. Perturbation of beta one integrin-mediated adhesions results in altered somite cell shape and behavior. Dev Biol 149: 327–338. , , , .
- 1983. Fibronectin expression during myogenesis. J Cell Biol 96: 474–485. , .
- 1995. Involvement of extracellular matrix in the formation of the inner ear. Dev Dyn 202: 421–432. , , .
- 1990. Ligand binding to integrins: common and ligand specific recognition mechanisms. Cell Differ Dev 32: 203–214. , , , .
- 1982. Monoclonal antibodies which alter the morphology of chick myogenic cells. J Cell Biochem 18: 221–229. , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1990. Expression and function of chicken integrin beta one subunit and its cytoplasmic domain mutants in mouse NIH 3T3 cells. J Cell Biol 110: 175–184. , , , , .
- 1977. Interference with thyroid histogenesis by inhibitors of collagen synthesis. J Cell Biol 75: 446–463. , .
- 1993. Immunolocalization of basal lamina components during development of chick otic and optic primordia. Anat Rec 235: 443–452. , .
- 1989. Invagination of the otic placode: normal development and experimental manipulation. J Exp Zool 251: 253–264. , , .
- 1985. The cell substrate attachment (CSAT) antigen has properties of a receptor for laminin and fibronectin. J Cell Biol 101: 2134–2144. , , , , .
- 1989. Ultrastructure of basement membranes. Int Rev Cytol 117: 57–98. .
- 1995. Antibodies against domain E3 of laminin-1 and integrin α6 subunit perturb branching morphogenesis of submandibular gland, but by different modes. J Cell Biol 129: 521–534. , , , , , .
- 1990. Differential expression of laminin A and B chains during development of embryonic mouse organs. Development 110: 823–837. , , , , .
- 1997. Expression of perlecan, a proteoglycan that binds myogenic inhibitory basic fibroblast growth factor, is down regulated during skeletal muscle differentiation. Exp Cell Res 234: 405–412. , , , .
- 1983. Studies on the mechanisms of neurulation in the chick: Possible involvement of myosin in the elevation of neural folds. J Exp Zool 225: 449–457. , , , .
- 1998. Morphological and quantitative studies in the otic region of the neural tube in chick embryos suggest a neuroectodermal origin for the otic placode. J Anat 193: 35–48. , , .
- 1986. The developing ear: Tissue origins and interactions. The Biology of Change in Otolaryngology. RWRuben et al., eds. Elsevier Science Publications. , .
- 1990. Epithelial integrins. Cell Differ Dev 32: 361–366. .
- 1991. Potential role of RGD-binding integrins in mammalian lung branching morphogenesis. Development 112: 551–558. , , .
- 1994. Integrins. Kidney Int Suppl 45: 517–522. , , , .
- 1982. Actin distribution patterns in the mouse neural tube during neuralation. Science 215: 172–174. , , , .
- 1968. A new method for in ovo time-lapse cinematography of the chick embryo during the first three days of development. Rev Rouom Embryol Cytol Serie Embryol 5: 77–80. .
- 1988. A reexamination of the role of microfilaments in neurulation in the chick embryo. Anat Rec 220: 87–102. , , .
- 1990. Laminin in lung development: effects of anti-laminin antibody in murine lung morphogenesis. Dev Biol 137: 26–32. , , , .
- 1997. Laminin a1 chain synthesis in mouse developing lung: requirement for epithelial-mesenchymal contact and possible role in bronchial smooth muscle development. J Cell Biol 139: 553–562. , , , , .
- 1997. Binding of FGF-1 and FGF-2 to heparan sulphate proteoglycans of the mammalian lens capsule. Growth Factors 14: 1–13. , , .
- 1972. Early organogenesis of the embryonic chick thyroid. I. Morphommetry and biochemistry. Dev Biol 28: 202–218. , , .
- 1992. Monoclonal antibodies against laminin A chain fragment E3 and their effects on binding to cells and proteoglycan and on kidney development. Exp Cell Res 201: 137–144. , , , , , .
- 1997. The role of laminin-5 and its receptors in mammary epithelial cell branching morphogenesis. J Cell Sci 110: 55–63. , , .
- 1994. Expression of collagen a1(IV), laminin and nidogen genes in the embryonic mouse lung: implications for branching morphogenesis. Mech Dev 45: 193–201. , .
- 1993. Quantitiation and localization of laminin A, B1, and B2 chain RNA transcripts in developing kidney. Am J Physiol 265 (Renal Fluid Electrolyte Physiol 34: F293–299. , .
- 1996. Involvement of heparan sulphate and related molecules in sequestration and growth promoting activity of fibroblast growth factor. Cancer Metastasis Rev 15: 177–186. , , , , .
- 1968. Ultrastructural studies of early morphogenesis and cytodifferentiation in the embryonic pancreas. Dev Biol 17: 413–446. , .
- 1996. Differential expression of integrin a subunits supports distinct roles during lung branching morphogenesis. Dev Dyn 206: 169–181. , .
- 1997. Is the sensitivity of cells for FGF-1 and FGF-2 regulated by cell surface heparan sulfate proteoglycans? Eur J Cell Biol 73: 166–174. , , , , .