Patterns & Phenotypes
Popeye domain containing gene 2 (Popdc2) is a myocyte-specific differentiation marker during chick heart development
Article first published online: 9 FEB 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Special Issue: Chick as a Model System
Volume 229, Issue 3, pages 695–702, March 2004
How to Cite
Breher, S. S., Mavridou, E., Brenneis, C., Froese, A., Arnold, H.-H. and Brand, T. (2004), Popeye domain containing gene 2 (Popdc2) is a myocyte-specific differentiation marker during chick heart development. Dev. Dyn., 229: 695–702. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20015
- Issue published online: 20 FEB 2004
- Article first published online: 9 FEB 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 12 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Accepted: 12 NOV 2003
- Manuscript Received: 7 OCT 2003
- Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft
- German-Israeli Foundation (GIF)
- 1998. BMP-2 induces ectopic expression of cardiac lineage markers and interferes with somite formation in chicken embryos. Mech Dev 70: 119–131. , , , , .
- 2000. Isolation and characterization of the novel popeye gene family expressed in skeletal muscle and heart. Dev Biol 223: 371–382. , , , , , , .
- 2002. Mouse Pop1 is required for muscle regeneration in adult skeletal muscle. Mol Cell Biol 22: 1504–1512. , , , .
- 2003. Molecular and functional analysis of Popeye genes. A novel family of transmembrane proteins preferentially expressed in heart and skeletal muscle. Exp Clin Cardiol 7: 99–103. , , , , , .
- 2002. A comprehensive collection of chicken cDNAs. Curr Biol 12: 1965–1969. , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Heart development: molecular insights into cardiac specification and early morphogenesis. Dev Biol 258: 1–19. .
- 2002. Epicardial induction of fetal cardiomyocyte proliferation via a retinoic acid-inducible trophic factor. Dev Biol 250: 198–207. , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Chamber formation and morphogenesis in the developing mammalian heart. Dev Biol 223: 266–278. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2001. Production of Monoclonal Antibodies Against Chicken Pop1 (BVES). Hybrid Hybridomics 20: 377–381. , , , .
- 1995. Aberrant neural and cardiac development in mice lacking the ErbB4 neuregulin receptor. Nature 378: 390–394. , , , , , , .
- 1951. A series of normal stages in the development of the chick embryo. J Morphol 88: 49–92. , .
- 1998. SOSUI: classification and secondary structure prediction system for membrane proteins. Bioinformatics 14: 378–379. , , .
- 2002. Cardiac specific expression of Xenopus Popeye-1. Mech Dev 115: 123–126. , , , .
- 2003. A caudorostral wave of RALDH2 conveys anteroposterior information to the cardiac field. Development 130: 5363–5374. , , , , , , , .
- 1997. Vitamin A deficiency and mutations of RXRalpha, RXRbeta and RARalpha lead to early differentiation of embryonic ventricular cardiomyocytes. Development 124: 4749–4758. , , , , , , , .
- 2003. Membrane topology of Bves/Pop1A, a cell adhesion molecule that displays dynamic changes in cellular distribution during development. J Biol Chem 278: 32872–32879. , , .
- 1999. p57Kip2 expression is enhanced during mid-cardiac murine development and is restricted to trabecular myocardium. Pediatric Res 45: 635–642. , , , , .
- 2001. Cloning and expression analysis of the mouse T-box gene Tbx18. Mech Dev 100: 83–86. , , .
- 2003. Myocardium formation after the initial development of the linear heart tube. Doctoral Thesis Department of Anatomy and Embryology. University of Amsterdam. p 133–154. .
- 1995. Requirement for neuregulin receptor erbB2 in neural and cardiac development. Nature 378: 394–398. , , , , , .
- 2003. Effects of antisense misexpression of CFC on downstream flectin protein expression during heart looping. Dev Dyn 228: 217–230. , , , , .
- 1995. Multiple essential functions of neuregulin in development. Nature 378: 386–390. , .
- 2002. Amphiphilicity index of polar amino acids as an aid in the characterization of amino acid preference at membrane-water interfaces. Bioinformatics 18: 608–616. , , .
- 1999. Heart specific expression of mouse BMP-10 a novel member of the TGF- beta superfamily. Mech Dev 80: 181–184. , , .
- 2002. Fate map of early avian cardiac progenitor cells. Development 128: 2269–2279. , , .
- 1999. bves: a novel gene expressed during coronary blood vessel development. Dev Biol 209: 159–171. , , , .
- 1988. Development of cardiac beat rate in early chick embryos is regulated by regional cues. Dev Biol 129: 103–113. , , .
- 1995. Induction of avian cardiac myogenesis by anterior endoderm. Development 121: 4203–4214. , , .
- 1997. Retinoic acid directs cardiac laterality and the expression of early markers of precardiac asymmetry. Dev Biol 182: 162–171. , , , , , .
- 2003. Erythropoietin and retinoic acid, secreted from the epicardium, are required for cardiac myocyte proliferation. Dev Biol 255: 334–349. , , .
- 2001. Bves: prototype of a new class of cell adhesion molecules expressed during coronary artery development. Development 128: 2085–2093. , , .
- 2003. Epicardial/Mesothelial cell line retains vasculogenic potential of embryonic epicardium. Circ Res 92: 525–531. , , , , .