Creation of a transgenic mouse for hair-cell gene targeting by using a modified bacterial artificial chromosome containing Prestin
Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2004
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-Liss, Inc.
Volume 231, Issue 1, pages 199–203, September 2004
How to Cite
Tian, Y., Li, M., Fritzsch, B. and Zuo, J. (2004), Creation of a transgenic mouse for hair-cell gene targeting by using a modified bacterial artificial chromosome containing Prestin. Dev. Dyn., 231: 199–203. doi: 10.1002/dvdy.20106
- Issue online: 4 AUG 2004
- Version of Record online: 1 JUL 2004
- Manuscript Revised: 25 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Accepted: 25 MAR 2004
- Manuscript Received: 1 FEB 2004
- American Lebanese Syrian Associated Charities (ALSAC)
- NIH Cancer Center Support. Grant Number: CORE grant CA21765
- NIH. Grant Numbers: DC04761, DC05168, DC06471, EY12950, MH61971, DC00215
- 2003. Expression of prestin, a membrane motor protein, in the mammalian auditory and vestibular periphery. Hear Res 184: 27–40. , , , , , .
- 2002. Targeted ablation of connexin26 in the inner ear epithelial gap junction network causes hearing impairment and cell death. Curr Biol 12: 1106–1111. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2003. A gene expression atlas of the central nervous system based on bacterial artificial chromosomes. Nature 425: 917–925. , , , , , , , , , , .
- 2000. Targeting of cre to the Foxg1 (BF-1) locus mediates loxP recombination in the telencephalon and other developing head structures. Dev Biol 222: 296–306. , .
- 2002. Cochlear whole mount in situ hybridization: identification of longitudinal and radial gradients. Brain Res Brain Res Protoc 9: 65–76. , , , , , .
- 2001. Pten regulates neuronal soma size: a mouse model of Lhermitte-Duclos disease. Nat Genet 29: 404–411. , , , , , , , , .
- 2002. Prestin is required for electromotility of the outer hair cell and for the cochlear amplifier. Nature 419: 300–304. , , , , , .
- 2002. Efferent protection from acoustic injury is mediated via alpha9 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on outer hair cells. J Neurosci 22: 10838–10846. , , , .
- 1994. Transgenic expression to monitor dynamic organization of neuronal development: use of the Escherichia coli lacZ gene product, beta-galactosidase. Neuroprotocols 5: 54–62. , , , .
- 1998. Inducible gene targeting in mice using the Cre/lox system. Methods: a companion to methods in enzymology. 14: 381–392. .
- 1999. Generalized LacZ expression with the ROSA26R Cre reporter strain. Nat Genet 21: 70–71. .
- 1997. Homologous recombination based modification in Escherichia coli and germline transmission in transgenic mice of a bacterial artificial chromosome. Nat Biotechnol 15: 859–865. , , .
- 2003. Genomic characterization and expression of mouse prestin, the motor protein of outer hair cells. Mamm Genome 14: 87–96. , , , , .
- 2000. Prestin is the motor protein of cochlear outer hair cells. Nature 405: 149–155. , , , , , .
- 2002. Transgenic and gene targeting studies of hair cell function in mouse inner ear. J Neurobiol 53: 286–305. .
- 1999. Visualization of alpha9 acetylcholine receptor expression in hair cells of transgenic mice containing a modified bacterial artificial chromosome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96: 14100–14105. , , , .